07-06-2013 06:27 AM
72 123
tools
    The 32gig is going for 249 on contract online right now.
    The Verizon Wireless web site began showing the $249 price for the S4 32Gb on Monday, July 1st.
    07-02-2013 07:09 PM
    Look at the pricing...

16GB on contract - $199
    32GB on contract - $299

16GB off contract - $649
    32GB off contract - $699

So they are technically ripping people off on the "on contract" pricing...

And technically they are ripping people off in general with the off contract pricing as well. $649 for a 16GB when it should really be $549.
    HTC has the One at $599 on a lot of carriers and it comes with 32GB!
    The 32gb is $249 via on-line ordering.
    07-02-2013 07:11 PM
    Is there a chance that the stores won't ever carry the 32? Has Verizon indicated anything about this?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    I had some stores close to me that sold the 32gb S3, but it was a larger, busier store. I think it depends on the traffic/sales they have. Maybe there is a method to their madness when it comes to which stores stock which device.
    07-02-2013 07:13 PM
    I posted in another thread that the manager at my local store ( a large one) said she didn't expect to get the 32GB instock at all and cautioned me not to do "Store Pickup" because it only works if the store stocks what you want- it's not 'ship to store'.
    I had some stores close to me that sold the 32gb S3, but it was a larger, busier store. I think it depends on the traffic/sales they have. Maybe there is a method to their madness when it comes to which stores stock which device.
    07-02-2013 07:44 PM
    I posted in another thread that the manager at my local store ( a large one) said she didn't expect to get the 32GB instock at all and cautioned me not to do "Store Pickup" because it only works if the store stocks what you want- it's not 'ship to store'.
    Yeah, they kinda have you bent over with this one. I want to take advantage of the payment plan deal, but yet the purchase has to be done in a corp store. But if they don't (or won't) stock the 32gb, your sol with this option.
    07-02-2013 08:14 PM
    If there's no difference with the phone besides memory, why spend $50 for 16GB extra?
    07-03-2013 03:33 PM
    If there's no difference with the phone besides memory, why spend $50 for 16GB extra?
    Because - some people want the extra space. You'll make that $50 bucks back when it's time to sell it (if you do that). The reasoning has been discussed many times so I'm not going to beat a dead horse.
    07-03-2013 06:50 PM
    Me no order................Yet !
    07-03-2013 06:57 PM
    I haven't done it yet either.

Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have it done.
    07-03-2013 06:59 PM
    I haven't done it yet either.

Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have it done.
    ibcop = most patient man in the world
    I need a 32Giger and will have to scrounge up some untraceable cash somewhere. I'm also going Black.
    ibcop likes this.
    07-03-2013 09:47 PM
    Shoot, I'm being patient. I'm waiting for Moto X and HTC One to come out, and then I'll decide. I'm leaning heavily towards the S4 though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-05-2013 12:19 AM
    Shoot, I'm being patient. I'm waiting for Moto X and HTC One to come out, and then I'll decide. I'm leaning heavily towards the S4 though.

There's always going to be another device right around the corner

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    07-05-2013 10:41 AM
    Yeah, I was kinda set on the Moto X, and then the leaked specs were on par with the N4, so I abandoned that idea, then was interested in the S4, but no 32GB option was available at the time. So for like the past two weeks I've had my heart set on the HTC One, but now there's a 32GB S4, and the Moto X ad has me intrigued.
    So should I just abandon the HTC One I've had my heart set on? The S4 seems to have a more blossoming ROM community and more dev support, and also has higher benchmark scores.

07-05-2013 10:47 AM
    Yeah, I was kinda set on the Moto X, and then the leaked specs were on par with the N4, so I abandoned that idea, then was interested in the S4, but no 32GB option was available at the time. So for like the past two weeks I've had my heart set on the HTC One, but now there's a 32GB S4, and the Moto X ad has me intrigued.
    So should I just abandon the HTC One I've had my heart set on? The S4 seems to have a more blossoming ROM community and more dev support, and also has higher benchmark scores.

I'm so getting the S4 in the 32gb flavor and may even try the One. But I think the S4 is the better device.
    07-05-2013 10:55 AM
    I do too, but not if you keep it stock with touchwiz. I've read quite a few posts about the S4 stuttering with touchwiz, but then running smooth as soon as an AOSP ROM was installed.
    The HTC One may have a better feel to it straight out the box, but I don't think it's what I'm looking for. Who knows though, all I really need is AOKP and that's available for the HTC One, and I'm sure will have a VZW port soon.

07-05-2013 10:58 AM
    I do too, but not if you keep it stock with touchwiz. I've read quite a few posts about the S4 stuttering with touchwiz, but then running smooth as soon as an AOSP ROM was installed.
    The HTC One may have a better feel to it straight out the box, but I don't think it's what I'm looking for. Who knows though, all I really need is AOKP and that's available for the HTC One, and I'm sure will have a VZW port soon.

The build quality on the One is what I'd like. Too bad the S4 doesn't have the shell of the One. As far a rooting and using a ROM, I have no clue of how to do it. I'd need a guide written for a kindergartner with pictures so I don't screw it up.
    grumpy104 likes this.
    07-05-2013 04:32 PM
    It's pretty simple, and the root guides are very detailed. Just don't skip steps. Once you install AOKP, you'll never want anything less on your phone. The only other ROMs I install use AOKP and CM code.
    Custom kernels can help improve battery life, and with advanced control of the backlight settings I can get a full day out of my VZW Galaxy Nexus. I would expect the same would be possible with the S4 or HTC One.

07-05-2013 05:01 PM
    It's pretty simple, and the root guides are very detailed. Just don't skip steps. Once you install AOKP, you'll never want anything less on your phone. The only other ROMs I install use AOKP and CM code.
    Custom kernels can help improve battery life, and with advanced control of the backlight settings I can get a full day out of my VZW Galaxy Nexus. I would expect the same would be possible with the S4 or HTC One.

What does AOKP mean?
    07-05-2013 06:13 PM
    What does AOKP mean?
    Android Open Kang Project. It's a pretty amazing rom. I use it on my Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-05-2013 06:39 PM
    Android Open Kang Project. It's a pretty amazing rom. I use it on my Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Okay, thanks for the info. I have more reading to do. Best place to find what I need?
    07-05-2013 08:15 PM
    Rootzwiki.com is a good place. Phandroid forums has a root section too. The S4 has a lot of ROM options. On my GNex and Nexus 7 I've been running Rootbox, a combination of Paranoid Android(PA), Cyanogenmod(CM), and Android Open Kang Project(the title is a spin on Android Open Source Project done by Team Kang, and to kang is to take someone else's code and use it without crediting the author, highly frowned upon). Rootbox may be a little much for beginners and AOKP is a great place to start if you go with a custom ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    ibcop likes this.
    07-05-2013 11:16 PM
    The 32gig is going for 249 on contract online right now.
    I hope it's not a limited time thing. That's what an online sales rep said. But how do you believe them; I'm sure he wanted me to cave and buy it that very day.

Me neither. I can technically order it tomorrow, but I am going to wait until at least Tuesday (when my Spigen case is set to arrive from Amazon).
    07-06-2013 06:27 AM
72 123