Galaxy S4 *32GB* In Stores When Do You Think???

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to decide whether to wait for local VZW Corporate stores to have Black 32GB S4s in stock, which would be my preference, or to go ahead and order online and let them ship it to me. I online-chatted with Customer Service last night and they said they had no idea when the 32GB devices would be in stores, but that online orders would get their free 2 Day Shipping. He asked another guy in the call center and they both said they expected online orders would probably ship to ARRIVE 7/3 as opposed to ship by 7/3. On the other hand, does UPS or FEDEX deliver/ship ON the 4th of July? I doubt it, that's probably treated like a weekend day no??

I may run down to my local store to check in with them on it (but man I hate going there unless I am leaving with something cool as it's usually a real hassle).

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Fedex/UPS does not deliver on the 4th as far as i know. As far as in store, I wouldn't expect the stores to ever carry them. I doubt Verizon thinks demand will be strong enough to warrant shipping them to every store. If they do ever end up carrying them it probably won't be for awhile.
Just order it online, I prefer doing it that way myself so I don't have a salesperson unboxing and setting up my phone for me. I prefer to do it myself.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't think many stores will carry the 32gb S4 although I did find the 32gb S3 stocked in a larger store in Pensacola. I'm hoping they do they same with the S4.

Like kca2000 said, I do like to set my own stuff up.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd assume they will be similar to AT&T. And there are FIVE AT&T local stores in So. California that have the S4 32Gb in stock right now. I hope to buy my TWO S4 32 Gb locally and bypass the game of catching the UPS/FedEx guy for delivery.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just came from the Verizon Wireless store on High Ridge in Stamford, CT. They were friendly and helpful, but what I was told by the store manager and the tech rep that helped me:
  • We can't order the 32GB SGS4 for you :( whether to ship or to pick up at the store; the 32GB variant doesn't even show up in the store system on their tablet things
  • We will probably not have the SGS4 32GB in the store at all as a stock item (and it's a big store as they go)
  • You can order it online yourself (which I showed them in Dolphin Browser on my SGS3), but you can NOT pick up at the store since we won't have them in stock
  • They didn't have the extra battery/desktop charger in stock either
  • I did buy the screen protectors and a shell case with kickstand
So now I need to go online and order the SGS4 and the desktop charger and 2nd battery combo to be shipped to me and play "Catch the FEDEX man" because it will require an adult signature for delivery to my house.
Still happy to be able to get it for $299 - $50= $249 plus the new $30 upgrade fee
It means I give up my grandfathered unlimited data on the phone, but I am running at ~4GB per month on the phone anyway. Last time I paid full MSRP for the SGS3 to keep that data.

Let's hope the phone comes soon! :p

Last edited:

Speedy3

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I just left my local store. While there I asked the Assistant Manager when would the 32 GB S4s be in the stores. She looked at me as If i had a 3rd eye in my head. I explained to her that it went on sale yesterday online with a 7/3/13 shipping date. She then said I'll have to check on that but if it ships on 7/3 then we will have it by the end of the week. She quickly left me and went in the back (I guess to go and validate my statement). Still SMH.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Placed my order online just now. Had hoped to order the Supplemental Battery Charging system for Galaxy S 4. (Verizon Part#: SAMI545B-BATPK) You can only add certain accessories and that's not one of them, so I called the 800-922-0204 number and literally spoke to 4 different people. The first told me the phone is not for sale yet-- I told him I already had it in my 'shopping cart' on their system. I then asked about the battery charger/battery item and he told me ( you can't make this up) "We don't sell any batteries online." Really??? There are like 50 of them listed for types of phones....he transferred me to a woman who told me "You can't buy a phone and an accessory on the same order." Really???

The last person I got was super nice and she researched and found the item I wanted at $49.99 but the free shipping is where they ship by UPS to your local post office and then it goes by mail carrier...when I have fallen for this before from Amazon I have seen it take two extra days as they hold these at one facility and ship them one day to another post office and then they come in the mail...no thanks. Just ordered that part from Android Central store for less even with 2-3 day shipping.

Wow....what a hassle to buy this phone. Still kind of torqued at the random $30 UPGRADE CHARGE they charge you now. At least there's the $-50 rebate to feel better about.

Speedy3

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So the $50 rebate shows up in the shopping cart? I didn't see it when I did a mock sell for the 2 that I'm getting. That helps save me $100.00 if there are rebates for them.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Does not show in the cart at all....I online chatted with a rep to be sure it comes afterward and she said it will come by mail as a visa rebate card.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I am trying to decide whether to wait for local VZW Corporate stores to have Black 32GB S4s in stock, which would be my preference, or to go ahead and order online and let them ship it to me. I online-chatted with Customer Service last night and they said they had no idea when the 32GB devices would be in stores, but that online orders would get their free 2 Day Shipping. He asked another guy in the call center and they both said they expected online orders would probably ship to ARRIVE 7/3 as opposed to ship by 7/3. On the other hand, does UPS or FEDEX deliver/ship ON the 4th of July? I doubt it, that's probably treated like a weekend day no??

I may run down to my local store to check in with them on it (but man I hate going there unless I am leaving with something cool as it's usually a real hassle).

FedEx (who handles Verizon's 2-day shipping orders for new phones) does not deliver on July 4th. Order today, however, and assuming the phone is in stock and ready to ship, you should get it by Wednesday. In the past, I've actually received my orders on the following day, but I wouldn't expect that.

One thing to note, their 2-day shipments do require signature, so have it shipped to your work address if there will be no one home at your residence to sign for it.

Placed my order online just now. Had hoped to order the Supplemental Battery Charging system for Galaxy S 4. (Verizon Part#: SAMI545B-BATPK) You can only add certain accessories and that's not one of them, so I called the 800-922-0204 number and literally spoke to 4 different people. The first told me the phone is not for sale yet-- I told him I already had it in my 'shopping cart' on their system. I then asked about the battery charger/battery item and he told me ( you can't make this up) "We don't sell any batteries online." Really??? There are like 50 of them listed for types of phones....he transferred me to a woman who told me "You can't buy a phone and an accessory on the same order." Really???

The last person I got was super nice and she researched and found the item I wanted at $49.99 but the free shipping is where they ship by UPS to your local post office and then it goes by mail carrier...when I have fallen for this before from Amazon I have seen it take two extra days as they hold these at one facility and ship them one day to another post office and then they come in the mail...no thanks. Just ordered that part from Android Central store for less even with 2-3 day shipping.

Wow....what a hassle to buy this phone. Still kind of torqued at the random $30 UPGRADE CHARGE they charge you now. At least there's the $-50 rebate to feel better about.

Part of the reason that probably can't order phones and accessories in the same order is because Verizon doesn't off the same shipping options for accessories...though I would think their system would just be able to separate the items and ship as indicated...but I guess not?

So the $50 rebate shows up in the shopping cart? I didn't see it when I did a mock sell for the 2 that I'm getting. That helps save me $100.00 if there are rebates for them.

Does not show in the cart at all....I online chatted with a rep to be sure it comes afterward and she said it will come by mail as a visa rebate card.

A quick heads up, to get the rebate, you need to mail back the full box label that comes with the phone...don't make the same mistake I did in the past and throw away the box when you unbox the phone then get screwed when attempting to claim your rebate.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
A quick heads up, to get the rebate, you need to mail back the full box label that comes with the phone...don't make the same mistake I did in the past and throw away the box when you unbox the phone then get screwed when attempting to claim your rebate.

Always keep the box - helps when you go to resell the device. I always look for someone selling with everything that came with the device.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Always keep the box - helps when you go to resell the device. I always look for someone selling with everything that came with the device.

That's true too. The problem is that I wasn't thinking, and the UPC and bar codes are on the cardboard sleeve that wraps around the box. I still had the box itself, but had ditched the sleeve with all the important info on it.

I never really get a chance to re-sell my phones (always have family members ready to snatch up my used ones because I upgrade so often), but that is definitely something to think about as well.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Good info. That's roughly what I figured on the 2 day shipping of phones that you need a separate order and shipping.
Have my screen protectors and she'll case sitting on my desk ready to attach when I get it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
That's true too. The problem is that I wasn't thinking, and the UPC and bar codes are on the cardboard sleeve that wraps around the box. I still had the box itself, but had ditched the sleeve with all the important info on it.

I never really get a chance to re-sell my phones (always have family members ready to snatch up my used ones because I upgrade so often), but that is definitely something to think about as well.

Yeah, I hear ya. My son/daughter are getting the S3's.....finally got them off the Iturd train.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
If there's no difference with the phone besides memory, why spend $50 for 16GB extra?

Many reasons. They have been discussed ad infinitum here.

The bottom line is that some folks need the additional storage, and expandable SD storage, as great a feature as it is, doesn't always cut it.

If you don't feel you need it (and frankly most users probably don't), then buy the cheaper 16GB version.

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Many reasons. They have been discussed ad infinitum here.

The bottom line is that some folks need the additional storage, and expandable SD storage, as great a feature as it is, doesn't always cut it.

If you don't feel you need it (and frankly most users probably don't), then buy the cheaper 16GB version.

I heard about that with the apps and it doesn't make sense how they couldn't integrate the MicroSD into the internal memory. I think if they did they wouldn't have people buying these 'expanded' versions. Profit is profit. I hope Samsung will eventually integrate the extra storage with the internal.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So the only way you can keep unlimited is if you buy the 32gb in store, but stores aren't carrying them? That's a real dilemma for me.

I realize I can buy the phone full price, but as someone who has only ever had unlimited, upgraded every 2 years per my contract, and never sold (or plan to sell) a phone, what does paying full retail do for me?

Am I stuck buying the 16gb?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So the only way you can keep unlimited is if you buy the 32gb in store, but stores aren't carrying them? That's a real dilemma for me.

I realize I can buy the phone full price, but as someone who has only ever had unlimited, upgraded every 2 years per my contract, and never sold (or plan to sell) a phone, what does paying full retail do for me?

Am I stuck buying the 16gb?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I think some of the larger stores (corp) will stock a couple 32gb S4's. As far as buying full price, that may be your only option if there aren't any stores that carry them. You could always buy the 32gb full donkey, then keep your upgrade for the next big thing. Like many have said before, if you are not a heavy app user, the 16gb should be fine - simply add an SD card for your music, photos, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36