Galaxy S4 *32GB* In Stores When Do You Think???

h2_hummer

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything new about Verizon carrying the 32GB in any of their stores? I stopped in 2 different stores in Raleigh today and neither of them had any clue IF they would carry them in the store.

CB

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
So the only way you can keep unlimited is if you buy the 32gb in store, but stores aren't carrying them? That's a real dilemma for me.

I realize I can buy the phone full price, but as someone who has only ever had unlimited, upgraded every 2 years per my contract, and never sold (or plan to sell) a phone, what does paying full retail do for me?

Am I stuck buying the 16gb?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

If you have another line on your account you could just transfer your upgrade to them and order the phone on their line.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Unless Verizon changes their mind, the plan is to not carry the 32GB in stores. If you pay full price, you keep your unlimited data, but best if not in store, to call and order through a CSR person rather than click/online ordering. I have heard a few people had issues with their unlimited when paying full price on line and simply doing an on-line order, instead of calling directly. It is a hassle then to get unlimited back.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Unless Verizon changes their mind, the plan is to not carry the 32GB in stores. If you pay full price, you keep your unlimited data, but best if not in store, to call and order through a CSR person rather than click/online ordering. I have heard a few people had issues with their unlimited when paying full price on line and simply doing an on-line order, instead of calling directly. It is a hassle then to get unlimited back.

It depends really, I've heard reports of CSRs who don't know what they're doing "accidentally" changing plans from unlimited when ordering over the phone because they think that they have to or don't understand what it is you're trying to do.

I've had no problems in the past paying full retail for phones when ordering from Verizon's website and keeping my plan. The key is to just make sure that you don't accept any plan changes during the ordering process.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I went in a corporate store today and ordered the 32GB black using the twelve month installment plan (you have to do that in-store and can not on-line) with next day delivery. Best Buy does not carry the At&t 32GB, so probably not the Verizon model either.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I went in a corporate store today and ordered the 32GB black using the twelve month installment plan (you have to do that in-store and can not on-line) with next day delivery. Best Buy does not carry the At&t 32GB, so probably not the Verizon model either.

Nice, so you can do the installment plan? I was wondering how since they weren't going to stock the device. Thanks for the info.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The only catch is the process must be done in a corporate store, since requires signatures. I put $200 down, but you can put down as "little" as $100 (first payment and tax on the device).

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Just came from the Verizon Wireless store on High Ridge in Stamford, CT. They were friendly and helpful, but what I was told by the store manager and the tech rep that helped me:
  • We can't order the 32GB SGS4 for you :( whether to ship or to pick up at the store; the 32GB variant doesn't even show up in the store system on their tablet things
  • We will probably not have the SGS4 32GB in the store at all as a stock item (and it's a big store as they go)
  • You can order it online yourself (which I showed them in Dolphin Browser on my SGS3), but you can NOT pick up at the store since we won't have them in stock
  • They didn't have the extra battery/desktop charger in stock either
  • I did buy the screen protectors and a shell case with kickstand
So now I need to go online and order the SGS4 and the desktop charger and 2nd battery combo to be shipped to me and play "Catch the FEDEX man" because it will require an adult signature for delivery to my house.
Still happy to be able to get it for $299 - $50= $249 plus the new $30 upgrade fee
It means I give up my grandfathered unlimited data on the phone, but I am running at ~4GB per month on the phone anyway. Last time I paid full MSRP for the SGS3 to keep that data.

Let's hope the phone comes soon! :p

If its not an iPhone or one of the droid branded phones Verizon won't carry hardly anything for it. It really pisses me off too. Samsung has been selling a lot of phones. I couldn't find an extra battery or charger for the spare battery for my s3 so I went and picked one up at a sprint store. If Verizon doesn't want my money for accessories, they damn sure won't get it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

bailman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
How does the installment option work? Does that allow you to keep unlimited data for those of us that have it? Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
How does the installment option work? Does that allow you to keep unlimited data for those of us that have it? Thanks

Yep. I am unlimited. Presuming that is what it is designed for.

Last edited:

bailman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Any Verizon corporate store can handle this? I'm going to go inquire, I just want to have plenty of info when I go since they aren't always the most informed people

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The only catch is the process must be done in a corporate store, since requires signatures. I put $200 down, but you can put down as "little" as $100 (first payment and tax on the device).

Nice. When do you expect to receive your device?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Should be able to at any corporate store. Again the issue is they need signatures for the payment plan. There is $24 of interest at $2 a month, but is less if you pay early. The normal monthly payment is through your bill, but you can pay extra, and or pay it off at a corporate store.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If its not an iPhone or one of the droid branded phones Verizon won't carry hardly anything for it. It really pisses me off too. Samsung has been selling a lot of phones. I couldn't find an extra battery or charger for the spare battery for my s3 so I went and picked one up at a sprint store. If Verizon doesn't want my money for accessories, they damn sure won't get it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

It wouldn't occur to me to buy accessories in a Verizon store because of selection and cost even for my iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad