Verizon - 32G - Order Status Thread

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Just checking in to see if we get luck and anyone gets their 32G version shipped to them starting today! Please post once your order starts to move.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So I ordered on Sunday online. Website said "Ship BY 7/3". No email confirmation at all so far, but when I called to check Monday they did SMS me the confirmation #- a 16 digit number and they told me it would indeed ship "by 7/3", but that "by 7/3" can mean "on 7/3".
Here it is 4:30PM EDT on 7/3 and I have no other information so I called again. I got another very friendly CSR who put me on hold and checked...she said that she verified it was going out at 5:30PM via FEDEX...I asked "Going out of where? Texas?" and she said "yes, Texas."
Good news is she confirmed twice that I will have it FRIDAY between 4PM and 7PM. I asked, "So does that mean it's FEDEX overnight, because I expected 2 day and that would not get it there Friday, rather on Monday...she said, "All phones ordered today and shipping today will go FEDEX for delivery Friday between 4PM and 7PM."

I am happy with that.....if it had actually shipped "BY 7/3"- meaning ON 7/2, by 2 day, I would get it Friday so same difference I suppose. Now let's see if it comes Friday.

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
My online status still says "We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: 07/03/2013" I called and they say in their look up that it is now expected to ship on 7/5. That stinks. He said if it is possible to still ship today, but I am not counting on that. I ordered it on 6/29, so they had plenty of time to process my order and it said expected to ship 7/3 back then. Will update if it changes.

7/4 update. Online still says the same "We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: 07/03/2013", so will now play the waiting game until tomorrow. I did sign up for fedex notifications and they don't have not notified me of any tracking numbers with my address on it. I called again and they are clueless on why it has not shipped. New shipped by date shopping online device site says Will Ship by 7/8. My guess is that is going to be the ship date for all of them. Somebody in logistics must have messed up! -mg

7/5 update: As i unfortunately guessed my pre-order status is now:
Here is the status of your Pre-order:
We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: 07/08/2013

Last edited:

MOliva

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine last night and it said it was a 7/8 ship date. Woke up to an email saying there was a problem with my order and to phone them or else my order would be cancled, I called them this morning 9am eastern and a nice CSR walked me through the entire ordering process again and just erased my online order from the night before. Got a confirmation email within 20 min of hanging up the phone with the CSR this morning. She said my phone will ship by 7/8 and on the Verizon Wireless page when I check my order status it says it will ship by 7/8.

With that said I have a funny feeling I will get the phone this Friday.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Called and got this email afterwards

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless. We do appreciate your business.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the Samsung Galaxy S 4 in white, is currently out of stock. As soon as the item is back in stock, it will be shipped to you promptly. Your credit card was not billed for the item that was not shipped.

If you would like to select different equipment, please call us at 866-338-7390 from 8 AM to 10 PM Monday through Friday and 8 AM to 5 PM EST Saturday.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
That sucks. I know this isn't a 'launch' per se of a totally new phone- just a slightly higher memory spec device- but man Verizon Wireless really finds ways to disappoint their retail and online customers!

pbowen0325

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes they are really making me ill. I ordered my phone on 6/30 (Saturday at 9:30am), and have showed it would ship on 7/3 ever since. I have a feeling I am going to be madder tomorrow on Friday because I seriously doubt it will ship until next week after dealing with this crap all week. Ive been told all kinds of stuff like yeah it shipped, I said no, thats my accessories, then someone told me it would ship the 5th and arrive the 5th? I dont think I need to say anymore.

Please update us if anyone gets there phone and if anyone knows anybody that could actually have better information at verizon.

pbowen0325

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Checked my order, nothing has changed, still says 7/3. Ill be glad when they ship this phone to me I know that. Id actually be relieved if it ships tomorrow, at least I'd know its on its way.

.MgB.

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Hey, got a reply from VZW about my shipping status!

EEe0Esl.png

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Damn - new too! They must have just updated it. This stinks. They better do overnight shipping not 2-day

pbowen0325

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Dang it, I just checked mine, just like yours Mikey, 7/8 is the ship date. They just better not change it this time. At least now I will quit worrying about it, nothing I can do now. I really am PO'D about how they have handled this.

You are right they should do overnight shipping. Thats the least they can do. Keep us updated if anyone gets there phone shipped.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just checked my 6/30 order again for 4th time.....when I put in my confirmation # and Last Name in at verizonwireless.com/orderstatus it came back and said "No information is available" and offered that I can call 800-922-0204.

So I called today again to check on mine....understand, as I said above, in my post on 7/3 at 4:43pm, they last confirmed for me that mine was shipping 7/3 from Texas by FEDEX and would be delivered today 7/5 between 4pm and 7pm. The woman I spoke with said I don't see anything in your account, let me go check, 8 minutes later she came back and said "Apparently your credit card must have been declined...your phone didn't ship and your order has been on hold."
So I hastened to give her my credit card number but then I asked, "Which amoutn are you charging me? $299 and a $-50 rebate or $249??" She tells me it's $299 plus $30 upgrade charge plus $19 or so in tax and that there is no rebate as far as she knows. I ask her to check again and she tells me the same $299 for the phone. WTF.
So I ask for a supervisor....the supervisor was elusive and didn't want to directly answer my questions...she told me I had two choices....either give her a credit card now for the order for $299 that is still on hold and it should (should) ship today, *or* cancel the order and give her a credit card for $249 and she would start a new order and that would delay my shipment to Monday.
So I asked if I do the former, what is the shipping method? She tells me it will arrive either Monday or Tuesday....I ask again is it overnight or 2 day...she says Monday or Tuesday...
OK...so I tell her I'd like to upgrade the shipping at my own expense to overnight, Saturday delivery....she says "No. We can not change the order or the price...you will pay $299 and get the phone Monday or Tuesday."
Jesus.....OK...I say fine and give her my credit card for $299 plus $30 plus tax is a little over $350. I did tell her that for a supervisor/manager I still got an impression that she could not care less that this was a terrible process for me their customer who has been with them since Bell Atlantic Mobile Systems. And that I am embarrassed for them that they do business in a way where all of the 5 people I spoke to along the way gave me wrong information...
  • the woman that told me I could ship to the local store was wrong
  • The website was wrong to say SHIP BY 7/3 and orders got scheduled for 7/5 and then pushed to 7/8
  • The person that told me my phone would ship from Texas by FEDEX and arrive today 7/5 by 7PM was wrong
  • The guy who told me I couldn't add an extra battery to my order because they don't sell batteries online at VZW was wrong
Just an awful experience.....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Just checked my 6/30 order again for 4th time.....when I put in my confirmation # and Last Name in at verizonwireless.com/orderstatus it came back and said "No information is available" and offered that I can call 800-922-0204.

So I called today again to check on mine....understand, as I said above, in my post on 7/3 at 4:43pm, they last confirmed for me that mine was shipping 7/3 from Texas by FEDEX and would be delivered today 7/5 between 4pm and 7pm. The woman I spoke with said I don't see anything in your account, let me go check, 8 minutes later she came back and said "Apparently your credit card must have been declined...your phone didn't ship and your order has been on hold."
So I hastened to give her my credit card number but then I asked, "Which amoutn are you charging me? $299 and a $-50 rebate or $249??" She tells me it's $299 plus $30 upgrade charge plus $19 or so in tax and that there is no rebate as far as she knows. I ask her to check again and she tells me the same $299 for the phone. WTF.
So I ask for a supervisor....the supervisor was elusive and didn't want to directly answer my questions...she told me I had two choices....either give her a credit card now for the order for $299 that is still on hold and it should (should) ship today, *or* cancel the order and give her a credit card for $249 and she would start a new order and that would delay my shipment to Monday.
So I asked if I do the former, what is the shipping method? She tells me it will arrive either Monday or Tuesday....I ask again is it overnight or 2 day...she says Monday or Tuesday...
OK...so I tell her I'd like to upgrade the shipping at my own expense to overnight, Saturday delivery....she says "No. We can not change the order or the price...you will pay $299 and get the phone Monday or Tuesday."
Jesus.....OK...I say fine and give her my credit card for $299 plus $30 plus tax is a little over $350. I did tell her that for a supervisor/manager I still got an impression that she could not care less that this was a terrible process for me their customer who has been with them since Bell Atlantic Mobile Systems. And that I am embarrassed for them that they do business in a way where all of the 5 people I spoke to along the way gave me wrong information...
  • the woman that told me I could ship to the local store was wrong
  • The website was wrong to say SHIP BY 7/3 and orders got scheduled for 7/5 and then pushed to 7/8
  • The person that told me my phone would ship from Texas by FEDEX and arrive today 7/5 by 7PM was wrong
  • The guy who told me I couldn't add an extra battery to my order because they don't sell batteries online at VZW was wrong
Just an awful experience.....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

This stinks for you, but is probably good news for the rest of us. The fact that they started the credit card charge process means Rey are getting ready to ship devices. Bet we will start seeing confirmation numbers and Shiping status for people in the next few hours.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1