09-08-2013 01:11 AM
183 ... 45678
tools
    This might be a dumb question, but how do I sign up with FedEx? Does my confirmation number double as a tracking number? @mdlissner
    The only dumb question is the one not ask. I ordered my 32gb S4 back on June 30 I think it was and VZW sent me a confirming email as it had a link where I could check the status of my order. I think it was originally going to ship per VZW on July 3 but did not ship until late July 5. I received an email on late July 5 that it had shipped and was in the hands of FedEX. I did a track on FedEX about 4 - 6 hours later and the package was in a FedEX sort facility about 2 hours away from the city where I was. The delivery date was set for by 7PM July 8. Early July 8 I checked the FedEX tracking # and it was on a Truck out for delivery. The FedEX driver knocked on my door about 9AM with my phone. Enjoy your new phone. I was told by several people since I already had an S3 which I liked very much and was happy using, that I had no reason to upgrade to an S4. I am glad I did not listen and ordered the S4 32gb phone when it became available on VZW. I am more happy with it. It is a more smooth operating phone than my S3 was with the VZW crap on it. It is even more smooth than the S3 with CM10.1 which I liked. The only thing with CM 10.1 is that it does not have the multi window but CM10.1 had better battery life very close to the way the S4 is now. A few hours less due to it only had a 2100Mah battery.
    07-13-2013 12:25 PM
    I got both my black phone and the White Slim Armor View last night. I had to pick up from FedEx office, since they tried to deliver mine at 3pm and would not allow it to be held for pick up. Other than that, got it activated which took a little time as the automated system could not do it and kicked over to the CSR. Then after activation it did an sw update which took even longer. Started downloading all the same apps as my Driod X2, which brings me to a side point. They need a feature on google play to hit a button to copy over all your apps between an old device and a new device, instead of needed to go into each app. Took most of the night to get it almost exactly set up like my old one. Even though I am listing all of the minor issue here, but don't get me wrong as this is one awesome device and slip armor view case. I absolutely love the configurability of the device and case plus it feels indestructible with the case in my pocket and in hand . One minor issue is that with the cover flipped over to the back does not fit in the media dock, but you just have it on the side and it provides more stability on the bed stand where it is located. I have not had a change to play with some of the unique apps/feature of this phone and also have not tried it in the car mount yet either. The one feature I do miss that was on my droid x2 (and I know most phones don't have this and am really splitting hairs here) is the FM tuner. But with unlimited data and the TuneIn Radio app can be the replacement until I happen to find a better radio app. I did have two apps that worked on my droid x2 and don't on the S4, so I sent in the reports for those. The S view window is awesome in the office that I work in with all of the calendar reminders I get I can dismiss them without opening the cover. BTW I think that the headphones that come with the device are very handy and sound/work great. I tested those on the motorcycle ride to work this morning and they still had good sound and blocked out the other noises with the ear gels that had a nice fit. With the in-line controls the phone can sit in my pocket all buttoned up in the case and can still be controlled very easily. I can't wait until I can try some of the voice commanded features with that set up. I will try to post pictures later. -mg
    I have been slacking, but attached are the pictures of my set up.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon - 32G - Order Status Thread-s4-closed.jpg   Verizon - 32G - Order Status Thread-s4-open.jpg   Verizon - 32G - Order Status Thread-s4-back.jpg  
    Wilbur likes this.
    07-16-2013 10:21 AM
    I checked and Verizon eventually sent me an email and was able to tack it. It's shipped from Memphis monday and is coming tomorrow the 17th at 7pm. Hopefully i'm home when the fedex guy comes because I know you have to sign for it. Anyway the wait is killing me!
    07-16-2013 01:29 PM
    Me, still no order......................sucking on the 16GB for now
    07-16-2013 08:10 PM
    My two will arrive tomorrow.
    07-16-2013 09:27 PM
    I upgraded my phone to the Galaxy S4 32 gb on July 2. I was worried it would be back ordered on the website so I called to olace my order. Got it that Friday from Memphis

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Wilbur likes this.
    07-16-2013 09:31 PM
    My 32GB will be here today. I'm excited. Been on iOS since 2007. Feeling good about moving to Android. Love my MacBook Pro Retina but so tired of iOS. I am in the dev program and am not impressed with iOS 7.
    dsignori likes this.
    07-17-2013 12:36 AM
    I have been slacking, but attached are the pictures of my set up.
    How are you liking that case? Is it a pain in the arse to take pics with it on? What about when your making a call?
    07-17-2013 06:35 AM
    My 32GB will be here today. I'm excited. Been on iOS since 2007. Feeling good about moving to Android. Love my MacBook Pro Retina but so tired of iOS. I am in the dev program and am not impressed with iOS 7.
    I'm not too thrilled with iOS 7 either but I like it better on my iPad than iPhone. Mostly I don't care at all for the Windows phone like white space, flatness, and small icons. At all.
    At least they fixed the font on beta 3. Not liking alot of things on iOS 7 also really makes you aware how you are stuck if there is something you don't like and I'm also getting pretty tired of the jailbreak game.
    My work issues me an iPhone 5 though so I will have one anyway.
    Trying to decide if I want a standard 32 GB S 4 or Google Play version but I think it comes down to not being able to leave Verizon. I need that coverage and reliability. Which also means I'm waiting to see what their version of the HTC One looks like. I might also get the unlocked Verizon developer edition if Samsung ever gets it back into stock. That's probably the best solution for me since I pay full price anyway to keep unlimited and have an unlocked bootloader to try out different roms.
    07-17-2013 10:51 AM
    Exactly as me. I purchased my 32GB at full retail to keep the unlimited.
    07-17-2013 02:39 PM
    FedEx delivered my s4 a few hours ago. I've been playing with it ever since and figuring out all kinds of new things! Still have to put my music aand download some apps. Glad I got the 32gb
    07-17-2013 06:52 PM
    FedEx delivered my s4 a few hours ago. I've been playing with it ever since and figuring out all kinds of new things! Still have to put my music aand download some apps. Glad I got the 32gb
    Glad you have the S4 now and enjoying it. I really like my S4 32gb. I have not updated my phone yet with that last release but after reading some of the comments after just over a week I am thinking of doing it. I just still have to make the decision on weather or not to just put CM10.1 on it or not
    07-18-2013 08:57 AM
    For those that have it, what was the available internal storage space that it shipped with? Thanks.
    07-18-2013 01:24 PM
    For those that have it, what was the available internal storage space that it shipped with? Thanks.
    I had 24.12GB out the box
    jimbl likes this.
    07-18-2013 03:45 PM
    23.29 on my two
    jimbl likes this.
    07-19-2013 05:09 AM
    23.92 on my two
    My one as well
    jimbl likes this.
    07-19-2013 06:18 AM
    I think it is safe to say the 32gb version has about 23 to 25 gb of internal memory left after bloatware. Whereas, the 16gb version after the bloatware, has about 8 to 9gbs left. That is a big difference for only about $50 more..
    jimbl likes this.
    07-19-2013 08:49 PM
    I am ordering the charging back cover this week when I order the phone. Anyone know if the Slim Armor cover works with the Samsung wireless charging back cover?
    Thanks
    07-20-2013 12:59 PM
    I am ordering the charging back cover this week when I order the phone. Anyone know if the Slim Armor cover works with the Samsung wireless charging back cover?
    Thanks
    I doubt it. With wireless charging the distance between the transmitter (charging pad) and the receiver (phone) can only be a few millimeters. The thickness of the slim armor is probably too much.
    07-20-2013 01:15 PM
    Thanks
    Keep in mind these charging pads are much less efficient than a USB cable/charger by more than a factor of two. GSMArena ran a test on the Samsung wireless charger with the GS4:

Samsung Galaxy S4 Wireless Charging Pad and Wireless Charging Cover review - GSMArena Blog

Charging times

The dock station charges the Samsung S4 more than 2 times slower than a conventional plug-in charger, taking 3 hours and 54 minutes to bring a flat battery to full charge. Thats due to the lower efficiency of inductive charging compared to the traditional wired approach.

In comparison, plugging the Galaxy S4 directly to the wall charger via the microUSB cable takes 1 hours and 55 minutes to reach 100% battery charge.

Samsung Galaxy S4 charging times

Wireless Charging Pad 3:54
    microUSB wall charger 1:51

We also tried dual charging the Galaxy S4 simultaneously plugging it the microUSB wall charger and placing it on the Wireless Charging Pad. This method didnt work, as the phone switched off the wireless charging in favor of the traditional charging method.
    07-20-2013 05:59 PM
    I had 24.12GB out the box
    23.29 on my two
    My one as well
    I think it is safe to say the 32gb version has about 23 to 25 gb of internal memory left after bloatware. Whereas, the 16gb version after the bloatware, has about 8 to 9gbs left. That is a big difference for only about $50 more..
    Thank you all!
    07-22-2013 01:05 PM
    If you charge your phone at night you won't care so it will be fine with most people.
    Interesting stats though.
    07-22-2013 03:35 PM
    How are you liking that case? Is it a pain in the arse to take pics with it on? What about when your making a call?
    Sorry ibcop, I have been away from the forums for a while. I love the case. Only slight issue taking pictures is that having it horizontal the flip cover is hanging down makes it a little awkward to use the volume keys to zoom in and out, which i prefer. On the flip side, if you hold it horizontal with the flip cover up, it can be used to shade the sunshine outside on the screen. No problems with the case interfering with the actual picture. No problems while making a call and it great receiving a call since you can answer/dump it with the S View window. The speaker phone is clear and the others on the other side of the call can hear me just fine. S View window is also great to cancelling/snoozing the meeting notifications. I have mine set up to go directly to the home screen when I open the case, so I don't even have to swipe it to unlock. The only downside to the S View cover is the S-voice activations are set up to not initialize while the cover is closed. So if I have my headset plugged in listening to music while the cover is closed in my pocket, I can't tell it to do something. Back on the positive side, with the cover flipped open it can serve to prop the phone up in portrait or landscape mode. It also gives you some extra gripping points with the hinge and cover tab while it is flipped open to the back cover. Did I say that I am loving the case? I was tempted to take it with me in my pocket last weekend on my Hard Charge Obstacle course race for a GPS tracking and drop it a zip lock bag to help protect against the water hazards, but decided against it. I have no problems carrying my phone in either my front or back pocket with this case.

Edit PS. My IPhone friends are very jealous now. They want the Slim Armor with a flip cover for their phone. It is a either/or for them.
    07-22-2013 04:24 PM
    Sorry ibcop, I have been away from the forums for a while. I love the case. Only slight issue taking pictures is that having it horizontal the flip cover is hanging down makes it a little awkward to use the volume keys to zoom in and out, which i prefer. On the flip side, if you hold it horizontal with the flip cover up, it can be used to shade the sunshine outside on the screen. No problems with the case interfering with the actual picture. No problems while making a call and it great receiving a call since you can answer/dump it with the S View window. The speaker phone is clear and the others on the other side of the call can hear me just fine. S View window is also great to cancelling/snoozing the meeting notifications. I have mine set up to go directly to the home screen when I open the case, so I don't even have to swipe it to unlock. The only downside to the S View cover is the S-voice activations are set up to not initialize while the cover is closed. So if I have my headset plugged in listening to music while the cover is closed in my pocket, I can't tell it to do something. Back on the positive side, with the cover flipped open it can serve to prop the phone up in portrait or landscape mode. It also gives you some extra gripping points with the hinge and cover tab while it is flipped open to the back cover. Did I say that I am loving the case? I was tempted to take it with me in my pocket last weekend on my Hard Charge Obstacle course race for a GPS tracking and drop it a zip lock bag to help protect against the water hazards, but decided against it. I have no problems carrying my phone in either my front or back pocket with this case.

Edit PS. My IPhone friends are very jealous now. They want the Slim Armor with a flip cover for their phone. It is a either/or for them.
    Are you using a Glas screen on it by chance? Just wondering if it works with this case.
    07-22-2013 04:38 PM
    Are you using a Glas screen on it by chance? Just wondering if it works with this case.
    I don't use a Glas screen or any other screen protection. I have read of one or two issue of using that with this case on the Spigen website reviews. SPIGEN SGP Galaxy S4 Case Slim Armor View | SPIGEN SGP I do occasionally have to fidget with it to get the black rubberized portion to completely cover the metal when I put it in the case. I would think it should not be a problem with the cover although, since there is some space between the glass and the cover.
    07-22-2013 04:58 PM
183 ... 45678