09-08-2013 01:11 AM
183 ... 5678
tools
    Thanks for your input and the link. My wife's HTC Windows phone is charged wirelessly and it is satisfactory even though it does charge more slowly than direct to the USB jack. It does, however save the USB jack from wear and tear, plus I have also ordered the spare battery with charger from Amazon, so I'll have one spare ready to go. If the battery does not charge at least overnight ( like hers does) then I'll have that option, albeit for the fact that it is inconvenient to shut the phone down, replace the battery, and start it back up again. Plus, it is convenient to just sit the phone on the pad . But your comments are well taken and I will be sure to watch out for that. (My original post was actually intended to find out whether cases still fit on the back with the charging cover installed, but I did not word it properly.)

Keep in mind these charging pads are much less efficient than a USB cable/charger by more than a factor of two. GSMArena ran a test on the Samsung wireless charger with the GS4:

Samsung Galaxy S4 Wireless Charging Pad and Wireless Charging Cover review - GSMArena Blog

Charging times

The dock station charges the Samsung S4 more than 2 times slower than a conventional plug-in charger, taking 3 hours and 54 minutes to bring a flat battery to full charge. Thats due to the lower efficiency of inductive charging compared to the traditional wired approach.

In comparison, plugging the Galaxy S4 directly to the wall charger via the microUSB cable takes 1 hours and 55 minutes to reach 100% battery charge.

Samsung Galaxy S4 charging times

Wireless Charging Pad 3:54
    microUSB wall charger 1:51

We also tried dual charging the Galaxy S4 simultaneously plugging it the microUSB wall charger and placing it on the Wireless Charging Pad. This method didnt work, as the phone switched off the wireless charging in favor of the traditional charging method.
    07-23-2013 11:11 AM
    I'm waiting for the 64GB
    07-24-2013 10:09 AM
    I'm waiting for the 64GB
    Yeah.....what had happened was......
    07-24-2013 07:53 PM
    Yeah.....what had happened was......
    You ever order your 32's? I'm still working with the measly 16GB and have not ordered the 32GB yet I'm going to have break loose soon...................that black 32 is calling me.
    07-25-2013 08:28 AM
    Have a black 32 at home, might switch this weekend. Hope it's the release baseband.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-25-2013 09:55 AM
    You ever order your 32's? I'm still working with the measly 16GB and have not ordered the 32GB yet I'm going to have break loose soon...................that black 32 is calling me.
    I will order on the 31st. I'm getting the black and not sure what the wife wants. But I do have two Glas.T Nano screens and 8 cases ready to go. Yeah, I'm a phone "w".

Posted via Android Central App
    07-25-2013 10:00 AM
    I will order on the 31st. I'm getting the black and not sure what the wife wants. But I do have two Glas.T Nano screens and 8 cases ready to go. Yeah, I'm a phone "w".

Posted via Android Central App
    Did you order them?

08-01-2013 09:31 AM
    Did you order them?

Well, what had happened was......The wife found a deal we couldn't pass up. My local Sam's Club has the S4 for 99 bucks. It is a 16gb and after all the whining I did about the 32gb, I caved in. I figured for the price, it was a steal plus I won't have this device for about 6-8 months before I want something else.

But it is a change from the S3 and I'm digging it! Can't go wrong for 99 bucks. Plus a "no tax" weekend here in Florida!
    Speedy3 likes this.
    08-03-2013 12:52 PM
    Well, what had happened was......The wife found a deal we couldn't pass up. My local Sam's Club has the S4 for 99 bucks. It is a 16gb and after all the whining I did about the 32gb, I caved in. I figured for the price, it was a steal plus I won't have this device for about 6-8 months before I want something else.

But it is a change from the S3 and I'm digging it! Can't go wrong for 99 bucks. Plus a "no tax" weekend here in Florida!
    Nice, I'm going to my 32 s4 next weekend.

08-03-2013 01:01 PM
    Well for $99 that is a great deal. My 32GB Black is arriving tomorrow and I know I can't live with 16GB or should we all just say 10GB or so. I carry way too many apps and even with apps2sd feature built in now it's just not enough for me.
    08-09-2013 10:25 PM
    Fed Ex just delivered my GS4 32GB and SADLY it came installed with ME7 update on it. So no custom recovery, no custom rom's until a new method is found. Time to donate to the bounty over at XDA-Devs.
    dsignori likes this.
    08-10-2013 11:47 AM
    Fed Ex just delivered my GS4 32GB and SADLY it came installed with ME7 update on it. So no custom recovery, no custom ROMs until a new method is found. Time to donate to the bounty over at XDA-Devs.
    Thanks. I am about to order one later this week and was wondering as well. I have no plans to root/ROM though, so ME7 for me is preferred. I can see why others want the earlier firmware though. Thanks for the update.
    08-11-2013 09:46 AM
    I certainly understand that the vast majority of users neither wants to or is willing to take the risk in rooting/custom rom on theirs. Me, I love the thrill of crack flashing, rooting, bricking and bringing my phone back from the brink of death (ok the last part was for fun) but I tried AT&T, and sadly it didn't work out for me. I do NOT LIKE Verizon's attitude towards the developer/user community and sadly we have little options out there. Maybe one day T-Mobile or Sprint will be big enough, they certainly are more friendly towards rooting.
    08-11-2013 04:41 PM
    I certainly understand that the vast majority of users neither wants to or is willing to take the risk in rooting/custom rom on theirs. Me, I love the thrill of crack flashing, rooting, bricking and bringing my phone back from the brink of death (ok the last part was for fun) but I tried AT&T, and sadly it didn't work out for me. I do NOT LIKE Verizon's attitude towards the developer/user community and sadly we have little options out there. Maybe one day T-Mobile or Sprint will be big enough, they certainly are more friendly towards rooting.
    Verizon is the Red Devil! Ha!
    08-11-2013 07:56 PM
    Fed Ex just delivered my GS4 32GB and SADLY it came installed with ME7 update on it. So no custom recovery, no custom rom's until a new method is found. Time to donate to the bounty over at XDA-Devs.
    Soooo, does this mean with the new update version on your phone, an app like Foxfi will *NOT* work for wireless tethering? Just want to be sure I understand. I've heard that the latest version upgrade might adversely affect Foxfi from working, and that even rooting does no good.

Casey
    08-12-2013 10:04 AM
    If you root your phone you can use things like WiFi tethering, right now you just can't do custom recovery and custom ROM's which is what we all want.
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    08-12-2013 08:17 PM

WOW, you really let me down After all this waiting you caved in and only got the 16GB. I still only have the 16 myself.
    08-14-2013 05:32 PM
    WOW, you really let me down After all this waiting you caved in and only got the 16GB. I still only have the 16 myself.
    It was that 99 buck price tag. Plus I already have my eye on the Note 3.
    08-14-2013 07:53 PM
    GN3 is going to be HOT, but only if it comes with 32GB of storage. If Verizon screws us with a 16GB launch and then a 32GB follow up 2 months later I am passing entirely.
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    08-14-2013 08:58 PM
    GN3 is going to be HOT, but only if it comes with 32GB of storage. If Verizon screws us with a 16GB launch and then a 32GB follow up 2 months later I am passing entirely.
    I hear ya there but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath on the screwage part.
    08-16-2013 06:23 AM
    That's for sure! I'm not getting another Note phone with a measly 16gb of internal storage! An oversized phone on steroids with tiny internal storage is a joke! At one point, I was down to 1.5GB left and I had to delete a bunch of apps, plus clear cache, plus delete a couple hi-def racing games. I hate deleting stuff!
    08-16-2013 10:11 AM
    It was that 99 buck price tag. Plus I already have my eye on the Note 3.
    I thought you had said the Note 2 was too large? Isn't the Note 3 going to be larger ??
    08-16-2013 11:24 AM
    Indications are the GN3 is only .2" larger on the screen and its quite possible they could get that by reducing the bezel's to near zero. So it's very likely the GN3 size will not change compared to the GN2 but have a different shape. I am on the fence about sending my GS4 back, GS3's used on eBay are still crazy high price wise and I only need something for a few months to hold me over. If I keep my GS4 I can sell it for a decent price and cover most of the GN3 replacement cost. I just hate giving Verizon more money, if I return it they lose money.
    08-16-2013 11:45 AM
    Ordered my 32gb GS4 yesterday, it shipped and expect to get it Monday.

Looking forward to playing more with this beautiful phone!
    08-16-2013 08:17 PM
    I will be curious to see what you get . . . very likely ME7, but there is that off chance you will get MDK.
    08-16-2013 09:23 PM
183 ... 5678