09-08-2013 02:11 AM
183 ... 678
tools
    I thought you had said the Note 2 was too large? Isn't the Note 3 going to be larger ??
    It is larger than the S4, but it is a new device.
    08-18-2013 04:40 PM
    I ordered a 32GB S4 last week. It was delivered on Friday. It came with ME7 out of the box. Bummer for those who want to root/unlock.

Doesn't bother me personally since I can't root anyway (my work's IT system locks out rooted Androids and jailbroken iPhones).

Posted via Android Central App
    08-18-2013 09:36 PM
    Mine arrived Friday with MDK. I was one of the few that wanted ME7, but it was available for an OTA immediately when I checked for system updates ( I wanted the Wiff toggle and I am not gonna root/ROM). I guess there are some left with MDK ...

Loving it so far, by the way. That screen ....
    08-19-2013 12:12 AM
    I will be curious to see what you get . . . very likely ME7, but there is that off chance you will get MDK.
    Don't know if this was directed to me, but will post later today when I get the phone and power it up.

Will be me first experience with TouchWiz, coming from a Galaxy Nexus, but I can always through Nova on it to take care of that if I don't like it.

Update: Came with ME7, but I can wait for the community to unlock it.
    08-19-2013 06:11 AM
    what did you get, MDK or ME7? I still have a few days left, but I was on the fence about it and decided to roll with it. Bootloader exploit will either be found, I will move on the GN3, or I will just suffer in silence and get something else later on. The only thing keeping me from a GN3 would be a typical **** Verizon move and NOT offer a 32/64GB versions as they are so apt to do.
    08-19-2013 09:50 PM
    what did you get, MDK or ME7?
    YMMV but I ordered the 32G white from Amazon. $50 cheaper than with VZW, tax free, and loaded with MDK. Stock Android FTW.
    08-20-2013 01:14 PM
    YMMV but I ordered the 32G white from Amazon. $50 cheaper than with VZW, tax free, and loaded with MDK. Stock Android FTW.
    Well once my phone arrives back to Verizon on Saturday I am giving them a week to get it credited back to me, my upgrade back in the system AND on 9-4-13 when Samsung announces the GN3 if it fails to have the 32GB option as the base storage as rumored then I have to consider getting the GS4 again. If I do it will be from a local 3rd party seller or Amazon.com phone sales so I have a better shot getting an MDK.
    08-22-2013 01:44 PM
    Just checked my 6/30 order again for 4th time.....when I put in my confirmation # and Last Name in at verizonwireless.com/orderstatus it came back and said "No information is available" and offered that I can call 800-922-0204.

So I called today again to check on mine....understand, as I said above, in my post on 7/3 at 4:43pm, they last confirmed for me that mine was shipping 7/3 from Texas by FEDEX and would be delivered today 7/5 between 4pm and 7pm. The woman I spoke with said I don't see anything in your account, let me go check, 8 minutes later she came back and said "Apparently your credit card must have been declined...your phone didn't ship and your order has been on hold."
    So I hastened to give her my credit card number but then I asked, "Which amoutn are you charging me? $299 and a $-50 rebate or $249??" She tells me it's $299 plus $30 upgrade charge plus $19 or so in tax and that there is no rebate as far as she knows. I ask her to check again and she tells me the same $299 for the phone. WTF.
    So I ask for a supervisor....the supervisor was elusive and didn't want to directly answer my questions...she told me I had two choices....either give her a credit card now for the order for $299 that is still on hold and it should (should) ship today, *or* cancel the order and give her a credit card for $249 and she would start a new order and that would delay my shipment to Monday.
    So I asked if I do the former, what is the shipping method? She tells me it will arrive either Monday or Tuesday....I ask again is it overnight or 2 day...she says Monday or Tuesday...
    OK...so I tell her I'd like to upgrade the shipping at my own expense to overnight, Saturday delivery....she says "No. We can not change the order or the price...you will pay $299 and get the phone Monday or Tuesday."
    Jesus.....OK...I say fine and give her my credit card for $299 plus $30 plus tax is a little over $350. I did tell her that for a supervisor/manager I still got an impression that she could not care less that this was a terrible process for me their customer who has been with them since Bell Atlantic Mobile Systems. And that I am embarrassed for them that they do business in a way where all of the 5 people I spoke to along the way gave me wrong information...
    • the woman that told me I could ship to the local store was wrong
    • The website was wrong to say SHIP BY 7/3 and orders got scheduled for 7/5 and then pushed to 7/8
    • The person that told me my phone would ship from Texas by FEDEX and arrive today 7/5 by 7PM was wrong
    • The guy who told me I couldn't add an extra battery to my order because they don't sell batteries online at VZW was wrong

Just an awful experience.....
    After all that I would have canceled order. Restarted a new order for $249 and still been under $300. Just sayin' from your post you would have still gotten it at the same time and saved money in the process.
    09-08-2013 02:11 AM
183 ... 678