Verizon - 32G - Order Status Thread

pbowen0325

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Just checked my 6/30 order again for 4th time.....when I put in my confirmation # and Last Name in at verizonwireless.com/orderstatus it came back and said "No information is available" and offered that I can call 800-922-0204.

So I called today again to check on mine....understand, as I said above, in my post on 7/3 at 4:43pm, they last confirmed for me that mine was shipping 7/3 from Texas by FEDEX and would be delivered today 7/5 between 4pm and 7pm. The woman I spoke with said I don't see anything in your account, let me go check, 8 minutes later she came back and said "Apparently your credit card must have been declined...your phone didn't ship and your order has been on hold."
So I hastened to give her my credit card number but then I asked, "Which amoutn are you charging me? $299 and a $-50 rebate or $249??" She tells me it's $299 plus $30 upgrade charge plus $19 or so in tax and that there is no rebate as far as she knows. I ask her to check again and she tells me the same $299 for the phone. WTF.
So I ask for a supervisor....the supervisor was elusive and didn't want to directly answer my questions...she told me I had two choices....either give her a credit card now for the order for $299 that is still on hold and it should (should) ship today, *or* cancel the order and give her a credit card for $249 and she would start a new order and that would delay my shipment to Monday.
So I asked if I do the former, what is the shipping method? She tells me it will arrive either Monday or Tuesday....I ask again is it overnight or 2 day...she says Monday or Tuesday...
OK...so I tell her I'd like to upgrade the shipping at my own expense to overnight, Saturday delivery....she says "No. We can not change the order or the price...you will pay $299 and get the phone Monday or Tuesday."
Jesus.....OK...I say fine and give her my credit card for $299 plus $30 plus tax is a little over $350. I did tell her that for a supervisor/manager I still got an impression that she could not care less that this was a terrible process for me their customer who has been with them since Bell Atlantic Mobile Systems. And that I am embarrassed for them that they do business in a way where all of the 5 people I spoke to along the way gave me wrong information...
  • the woman that told me I could ship to the local store was wrong
  • The website was wrong to say SHIP BY 7/3 and orders got scheduled for 7/5 and then pushed to 7/8
  • The person that told me my phone would ship from Texas by FEDEX and arrive today 7/5 by 7PM was wrong
  • The guy who told me I couldn't add an extra battery to my order because they don't sell batteries online at VZW was wrong
Just an awful experience.....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am very happy for you, glad you checked or you would have lost your turn. Something sticks out to me though, I ordered my phone on 6/29 in the am, so they are not going in order? I will probably get ripped for this, but Im just curious?

Does anyone know how the process goes? I mean do they charge right before they ship or what? At this point just hearing one person have there phone shipped would be nice.

pbowen0325

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Now my check says that my order has been sent for processing. Im confused because it already said that my order was received and in process with a ship date. Now it doesnt have a ship date? Very confusing. Almost like they are redoing the process.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just tried to confirm mine is all set online.....get this result:

Order Status
Here is the status of your Pre-order:
We received your order and it is in process. Payment not taken yet. Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time.
Another Order Status? Review your order history in My Verizon

Seriously? I need to call a 7th time??

At least now there IS a receipt in MY Documents and Receipts online when I look there for $350.94 so I know the status above is incorrect......

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
7/5 afternoon status:
Here is the status of your Pre-order:
We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: 07/03/2013
I went into the store and they see the same thing. So it changed again from 7/8 this morning back to 7/3.
Over in the verizon discussion boards, I have heard of one person getting a tracking number today.

TL1911

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
So I was checking my order status on the VZW website and noticed my order shipped today w/ tracking number! Ordered on 7/3 about 10pm PST.

I called customer service before it was shipped because the "ship to" address was incorrect. While on the phone, the CSR asked if I got the water resistant model or the 32gb model. I said the 32gb. She stated an email she got discussed both 32gb model and/or a water resistant model and thought both were released at the same time. Thought I'd share with everybody.

Last edited:

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got my tracking number. Shipped from Memphis. FEDEX Standard...... Wait for it............... OVERNIGHT. Indirect signature required.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Congrats to all that got tracking numbers. I still don't have any and I ordered 6/29 5:30pm. I ordered white with the S-view flip cover, so maybe that is the difference. Confused.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Congrats to all that got tracking numbers. I still don't have any and I ordered 6/29 5:30pm. I ordered white with the S-view flip cover, so maybe that is the difference. Confused.

Both of my phones were Upgrades, too. Didn't buy any accessories; already have them waiting for the phone(s).

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine 6/30 in the afternoon. Shipped today- FEDEX tracking says FEDEX Standard overnight and delivery is estimated for Monday 7/8....perhaps that's due to distance from Memphis ship point versus others seeing 2 day shipment timing?? Am in CT here just above NYC.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Wilber, finally getting his phones...............congratulations. :)

I'm still pondering ordering my 32GB as I already have the tiny 16GB :(

Thanks! Amazing isn't it? The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Patience payed off.

I was shopping in Costco today and played with the demo S4 at the Verizon Kiosk. Can't wait; Christmas has come early !! The S4 seems so light compared to my Droid Charge.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Amazing isn't it? The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Patience payed off.

I was shopping in Costco today and played with the demo S4 at the Verizon Kiosk. Can't wait; Christmas has come early !! The S4 seems so light compared to my Droid Charge.

Patience does pay off! Won't be long for you, my friend!

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Both of my phones were Upgrades, too. Didn't buy any accessories; already have them waiting for the phone(s).
Mine is upgrade of existing Droid X2, but paid full price to keep my unlimited data on an individual line. I got my media dock and car dock already, since I ordered them after ordering the phone. So just missing the white S4 32G phone now.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine is upgrade of existing Droid X2, but paid full price to keep my unlimited data on an individual line. I got my media dock and car dock already, since I ordered them after ordering the phone. So just missing the white S4 32G phone now.

I checked the last 12 months of DATA for our shared account with two phones and the heaviest month was just under 3 Gb. (Kinda wimpy, eh? haha) So I don't feel so bad losing our unlimited account since we didn't really use it. Went with the shared 4 Gb with Unlimited Talk and Text. We might save a few dollars each month on this plan with Mega Messages !!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool