Verizon - 32G - Order Status Thread

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I think it is safe to say the 32gb version has about 23 to 25 gb of internal memory left after bloatware. Whereas, the 16gb version after the bloatware, has about 8 to 9gbs left. That is a big difference for only about $50 more..

benhath

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I am ordering the charging back cover this week when I order the phone. Anyone know if the Slim Armor cover works with the Samsung wireless charging back cover?
Thanks

Last edited:

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I am ordering the charging back cover this week when I order the phone. Anyone know if the Slim Armor cover works with the Samsung wireless charging back cover?
Thanks
I doubt it. With wireless charging the distance between the transmitter (charging pad) and the receiver (phone) can only be a few millimeters. The thickness of the slim armor is probably too much.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks

Keep in mind these charging pads are much less efficient than a USB cable/charger by more than a factor of two. GSMArena ran a test on the Samsung wireless charger with the GS4:

Samsung Galaxy S4 Wireless Charging Pad and Wireless Charging Cover review - GSMArena Blog

Charging times

The dock station charges the Samsung S4 more than 2 times slower than a conventional plug-in charger, taking 3 hours and 54 minutes to bring a flat battery to full charge. That?s due to the lower efficiency of inductive charging compared to the traditional wired approach.

In comparison, plugging the Galaxy S4 directly to the wall charger via the microUSB cable takes 1 hours and 55 minutes to reach 100% battery charge.

Samsung Galaxy S4 charging times

Wireless Charging Pad 3:54
microUSB wall charger 1:51

We also tried dual charging the Galaxy S4 ? simultaneously plugging it the microUSB wall charger and placing it on the Wireless Charging Pad. This method didn?t work, as the phone switched off the wireless charging in favor of the traditional charging method.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
How are you liking that case? Is it a pain in the arse to take pics with it on? What about when your making a call?
Sorry ibcop, I have been away from the forums for a while. I love the case. Only slight issue taking pictures is that having it horizontal the flip cover is hanging down makes it a little awkward to use the volume keys to zoom in and out, which i prefer. On the flip side, if you hold it horizontal with the flip cover up, it can be used to shade the sunshine outside on the screen. No problems with the case interfering with the actual picture. No problems while making a call and it great receiving a call since you can answer/dump it with the S View window. The speaker phone is clear and the others on the other side of the call can hear me just fine. S View window is also great to cancelling/snoozing the meeting notifications. I have mine set up to go directly to the home screen when I open the case, so I don't even have to swipe it to unlock. The only downside to the S View cover is the S-voice activations are set up to not initialize while the cover is closed. So if I have my headset plugged in listening to music while the cover is closed in my pocket, I can't tell it to do something. Back on the positive side, with the cover flipped open it can serve to prop the phone up in portrait or landscape mode. It also gives you some extra gripping points with the hinge and cover tab while it is flipped open to the back cover. Did I say that I am loving the case? I was tempted to take it with me in my pocket last weekend on my Hard Charge Obstacle course race for a GPS tracking and drop it a zip lock bag to help protect against the water hazards, but decided against it. :p I have no problems carrying my phone in either my front or back pocket with this case.

Edit PS. My IPhone friends are very jealous now. They want the Slim Armor with a flip cover for their phone. :cool: It is a either/or for them. ;)

Last edited:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry ibcop, I have been away from the forums for a while. I love the case. Only slight issue taking pictures is that having it horizontal the flip cover is hanging down makes it a little awkward to use the volume keys to zoom in and out, which i prefer. On the flip side, if you hold it horizontal with the flip cover up, it can be used to shade the sunshine outside on the screen. No problems with the case interfering with the actual picture. No problems while making a call and it great receiving a call since you can answer/dump it with the S View window. The speaker phone is clear and the others on the other side of the call can hear me just fine. S View window is also great to cancelling/snoozing the meeting notifications. I have mine set up to go directly to the home screen when I open the case, so I don't even have to swipe it to unlock. The only downside to the S View cover is the S-voice activations are set up to not initialize while the cover is closed. So if I have my headset plugged in listening to music while the cover is closed in my pocket, I can't tell it to do something. Back on the positive side, with the cover flipped open it can serve to prop the phone up in portrait or landscape mode. It also gives you some extra gripping points with the hinge and cover tab while it is flipped open to the back cover. Did I say that I am loving the case? I was tempted to take it with me in my pocket last weekend on my Hard Charge Obstacle course race for a GPS tracking and drop it a zip lock bag to help protect against the water hazards, but decided against it. :p I have no problems carrying my phone in either my front or back pocket with this case.

Edit PS. My IPhone friends are very jealous now. They want the Slim Armor with a flip cover for their phone. :cool: It is a either/or for them. ;)

Are you using a Glas screen on it by chance? Just wondering if it works with this case.

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a Glas screen on it by chance? Just wondering if it works with this case.

I don't use a Glas screen or any other screen protection. I have read of one or two issue of using that with this case on the Spigen website reviews. SPIGEN SGP Galaxy S4 Case Slim Armor View | SPIGEN SGP I do occasionally have to fidget with it to get the black rubberized portion to completely cover the metal when I put it in the case. I would think it should not be a problem with the cover although, since there is some space between the glass and the cover.

benhath

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your input and the link. My wife's HTC Windows phone is charged wirelessly and it is satisfactory even though it does charge more slowly than direct to the USB jack. It does, however save the USB jack from wear and tear, plus I have also ordered the spare battery with charger from Amazon, so I'll have one spare ready to go. If the battery does not charge at least overnight ( like hers does) then I'll have that option, albeit for the fact that it is inconvenient to shut the phone down, replace the battery, and start it back up again. Plus, it is convenient to just sit the phone on the pad . But your comments are well taken and I will be sure to watch out for that. (My original post was actually intended to find out whether cases still fit on the back with the charging cover installed, but I did not word it properly.)

Keep in mind these charging pads are much less efficient than a USB cable/charger by more than a factor of two. GSMArena ran a test on the Samsung wireless charger with the GS4:

Samsung Galaxy S4 Wireless Charging Pad and Wireless Charging Cover review - GSMArena Blog

Charging times

The dock station charges the Samsung S4 more than 2 times slower than a conventional plug-in charger, taking 3 hours and 54 minutes to bring a flat battery to full charge. That?s due to the lower efficiency of inductive charging compared to the traditional wired approach.

In comparison, plugging the Galaxy S4 directly to the wall charger via the microUSB cable takes 1 hours and 55 minutes to reach 100% battery charge.

Samsung Galaxy S4 charging times

Wireless Charging Pad 3:54
microUSB wall charger 1:51

We also tried dual charging the Galaxy S4 ? simultaneously plugging it the microUSB wall charger and placing it on the Wireless Charging Pad. This method didn?t work, as the phone switched off the wireless charging in favor of the traditional charging method.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You ever order your 32's? I'm still working with the measly 16GB and have not ordered the 32GB yet :( I'm going to have break loose soon...................that black 32 is calling me. :D

I will order on the 31st. I'm getting the black and not sure what the wife wants. But I do have two Glas.T Nano screens and 8 cases ready to go. Yeah, I'm a phone "w".

Posted via Android Central App

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I will order on the 31st. I'm getting the black and not sure what the wife wants. But I do have two Glas.T Nano screens and 8 cases ready to go. Yeah, I'm a phone "w".

Posted via Android Central App

Did you order them?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Did you order them?

Well, what had happened was......The wife found a deal we couldn't pass up. My local Sam's Club has the S4 for 99 bucks. It is a 16gb and after all the whining I did about the 32gb, I caved in. I figured for the price, it was a steal plus I won't have this device for about 6-8 months before I want something else.

But it is a change from the S3 and I'm digging it! Can't go wrong for 99 bucks. Plus a "no tax" weekend here in Florida!

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, what had happened was......The wife found a deal we couldn't pass up. My local Sam's Club has the S4 for 99 bucks. It is a 16gb and after all the whining I did about the 32gb, I caved in. I figured for the price, it was a steal plus I won't have this device for about 6-8 months before I want something else.

But it is a change from the S3 and I'm digging it! Can't go wrong for 99 bucks. Plus a "no tax" weekend here in Florida!

Nice, I'm going to my 32 s4 next weekend.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well for $99 that is a great deal. My 32GB Black is arriving tomorrow and I know I can't live with 16GB or should we all just say 10GB or so. I carry way too many apps and even with apps2sd feature built in now it's just not enough for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674