02-05-2018 08:37 AM
33 12
tools
    You are the bomb! I purchased new speaker, new usb board....nothing...still no sound...but those two little gold pieces...I could tell that one was "flatter" than the other. Works perfect now!
    12-01-2015 12:53 AM
    Tried every possible solution and I even did a factory reset , none worked. Then I tried taking the cover off and I pressed on the speaker, although uncertain it would work, did it anyway and it actually worked. Thanks!
    12-26-2015 12:48 AM
    I did the same thing. Pressed on the speaker after taking back cover off...and it worked!!!

Thx!
    01-17-2016 02:20 PM
    Hi,

I had the same problem and this was the top result on google so I thought I would add my 2p as the more info the better right?

My problem:

I had sound with headphones and when making a call - but not on loud speaker. So no sound on youtube etc but most importantly no alarm!!!

In my case I fixed it by taking off my case and quickly tapping the speaker module bit at the bottom of the phone (below the battery, it had two horizontal holes on the left hand side) with the end of a plastic knife.

I hope this helps someone! Thanks to everybody involved in the thread.
    04-20-2016 06:34 AM
    Sometimes, it may work with these simple steps . It worked for me after trying all other options.

Hi All,

I want to post an useful information on how i got my phone working. where speaker was not working after OS patch update from android.

Step 1: Go to dialer *#7353# and dial.
    Step2 : Click Speaker- Can you hear?
    Yes.? Problem resolved.
    No? Continue to step 3
    Step 3: Click Melody - Can you hear from phone internal speaker? Yes?
    If yes, Go to Step 2 .

Keep pressing Melody and Speaker alternatively. It worked for me in just 2 attmepts.

Technically i think, your driver init is waiting for an event where speaker init failed.
    Doing this would recall the driver init and check. and it just works after that always.

Thanks for listening.

Best Regards
    Narendra K
    06-11-2016 10:01 PM
    Just want to confirm, I did what shidlerb said on page 1 - opened the bottom of the phone, dead simple, slightly bent 2 tiny contacts, problem fixed

It's an old phone now but i hope this helps someone else, very very simple fix, not too risky.
    10-11-2016 05:14 AM
    I tried dialing the above number and got an audible response, but I still couldn't get music.
    If I tap my phone any harder I'm going to break it. When you say open up the back, do you mean the peel-off back or actually unscrewing it?
    10-20-2016 01:41 PM
    Just want to confirm, I did what shidlerb said on page 1 - opened the bottom of the phone, dead simple, slightly bent 2 tiny contacts, problem fixed

It's an old phone now but i hope this helps someone else, very very simple fix, not too risky.
    Hey I know its 2018 but my speaker just decided it would work today and now I have hope after about a year of nothing but its gone once again could you please give a clear description of where the contacts are?
    02-05-2018 08:37 AM
33 12