It looks like it worked properly based on the youtube video I saw - there were no failure complaints by motochopper. I installed the drivers on my computer, verified normal access to the S4. I set the phone to developer mode and turned on developer options, and turned on USB Debugging. Motochopper completed and rebooted the phone. I started titanium backup and it says it can't get root access. I don't get what I'm doing wrong.

Also, information on finding and installing a ROM is all over the place. Not much in the way of step by step that I can find. Am I looking in the wrong place or what? But first of course I need to get root access and make a backup. Help?
    07-05-2013 08:12 PM
    Don't want you to think no one is reading or trying to help you, but it appears the moderator's don't care that you posted this is the Wrong forum section... there is a Root forum for the S4. There is also a thread for the Verizon version and how to root it: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...installer.html. Personally, I would also being going over to the XDA forum and checking their Verizon S4 forum on rooting and looking at what tools are available over there... and it might be the same tool as the one I linked to above.

I don't know if this is the same tool you are talking about or not. I've rooted a number of devices, but not this one yet. I've always read a number of threads and postings before rooting and not just looked at one, let alone a youtube video.
    07-06-2013 08:36 AM
    Thanks. I'll keep looking.
    07-06-2013 08:59 AM
    Thanks. I'll keep looking.
    Also, be sure you are looking for a Verizon Root method... they are usually very different than any of the other carrier's Root methods.
    07-06-2013 09:16 AM