undo a force stop on app

nigmin

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
i was playing pranks on my brother and he just took my mobile and did god knows what and now i am not able to open my gallery and messages whenever i try to open them it says force close. i did everything even tried in application manager to stop this force close but nothing is working and my brother is not ready to help me.plz guide me how to get rid of this.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
i was playing pranks on my brother and he just took my mobile and did god knows what and now i am not able to open my gallery and messages whenever i try to open them it says force close. i did everything even tried in application manager to stop this force close but nothing is working and my brother is not ready to help me.plz guide me how to get rid of this.

The "force close" messages are simply telling you that the app has crashed and cannot start. There is nothing you can set in application manager to "stop" this (in other words you have to find out *WHY* the app is crashing). I'm honestly not sure what your brother could have done that would cause these apps to FC or crash. If this were my brother, I'd destroy something he loves and then break his nose with my fist (even if he fixed it)...just so he knew I was serious.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Or, alternatively, you could apologize to your brother for the pranks, stop escalating the mess, and ask him again what he did. It's possible he was trying to cause you a little problem and ended up causing a major disaster. Or it's possible that the thing can be easily fixed. Have you tried just powering the phone off and restarting it? Often that will clear up temporary problems. Worse come to worst, you can do a factory reset, which will mean reinstalling your apps and setting up your configurations again.

Of course, I don't know the relationship between you and your brother. Maybe pete's brand of ever-escalating vengeance would work for you. But do you have any idea how many people in their 50s and 60s have siblings they haven't spoken to for decades over stupid stuff like this? Maybe it's time for a truce.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Or, alternatively, you could apologize to your brother for the pranks, stop escalating the mess, and ask him again what he did. It's possible he was trying to cause you a little problem and ended up causing a major disaster. Or it's possible that the thing can be easily fixed. Have you tried just powering the phone off and restarting it? Often that will clear up temporary problems. Worse come to worst, you can do a factory reset, which will mean reinstalling your apps and setting up your configurations again.

Of course, I don't know the relationship between you and your brother. Maybe pete's brand of ever-escalating vengeance would work for you. But do you have any idea how many people in their 50s and 60s have siblings they haven't spoken to for decades over stupid stuff like this? Maybe it's time for a truce.

For what it's worth, my comment was made tongue-in-cheek. I'm definitely not the type of person to resort to violence (at least not on other people), and I too have a great relationship with my siblings. When I went back and read it, I realized it may have sounded like I was more serious than I intended to be!

ellisroy

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
For what it's worth, my comment was made tongue-in-cheek. I'm definitely not the type of person to resort to violence (at least not on other people), and I too have a great relationship with my siblings. When I went back and read it, I realized it may have sounded like I was more serious than I intended to be!

I bought Samsung galaxy s4 and the first thing I did was download all favorite apps and widgets. Next thing I did was to uninstall all bloatware then clear data and then force close apps I don't want I.e. tw laucher, samsung apps that don't uninstall ect. My phone is Verizon 32gb w/ 16 gb sd card. I use 3d launcher w/ 3d cube icons 800+ songs and my phone doesn't have battery problems. Point is if you have another app that you use force close or uninstall the stock crap. This also will free up memory thus making your phone faster

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Understood, pete. Heaven knows I've done that sort of thing all too many times msyelf!

Nicole Jereza

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi!! I somehow had the same problem. I force stop the downloads app which is already installed in my samsung s4. A warning popped up that by doing this may cause errors. I enabled it again and saw these errors like my camera sometimes not working, new text messeges doen't appear in the conversation, and i might have to discover some of the errors. Is there a way to fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was messing about on my Samsung Mobile s3 mini and i disabled and forced stop an amazon app on my phone. How do I get it back

Welcome to Android Central! Go to the App Manager, and look for the Amazon app you disabled. It might be under a Disabled category. Select it, then tap Enable.

Robrock7

Nov 22, 2017
Visit site
This is the Biggest Question of the last 4 yrs! Nobody seems to know- not even the Samsung People.. there's gotta be a way to fix it w/out a Total System Re-Set! ?