Pairing issue with Bluetooth in car

VA friend

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I have just made the switch from BB to the Galaxy S4. I am having trouble pairing the phone with my car bluetooth. It synchronizes and then says connection lost. Asks me to enter again. Cycle repeats. Also, I can't copy the phone book to the car. Any suggestions?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have just made the switch from BB to the Galaxy S4. I am having trouble pairing the phone with my car bluetooth. It synchronizes and then says connection lost. Asks me to enter again. Cycle repeats. Also, I can't copy the phone book to the car. Any suggestions?

Mine works just fine with my S4. How old is your vehicle... what is your vehicle? Standard response to someone that has not posted here before: Did you reboot, and try it again?

A couple things I might try: From your vehicle remove the bluetooth connection to your phone... reboot your S4... then follow the directions in your vehicle's owners manual to connect your bluetooth device.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I agree. Bluetooth carkits are really finicky and don't always work the same with every smartphone. Mine works flawlessly with my 2011 Nissan Maxima. I would recommend deleting all Bluetooth devices from your car kit and start over. Sometimes if you have previous devices in the car's Bluetooth service memory it can cause problems, but I have also had some cars that just would not work well with certain brands and types of smartphones. It depends on the codecs used by the car manufacturer and the phone you are trying to connect. The connection code is usually 1234 in cars unlike the 0000 for Bluetooth headsets and speakers.