this started three days ago, while the phone is in my pocket i noticed it getting very hot with the screen against my leg in pocket. i cannot imagine what is causing it to get hot like that and then if someone text msgs me the phone will respond with random characters and smiley faces....
    07-09-2013 11:42 AM
    The only logical answer is that your phone has been possessed by the devil. The reason it gets hot is because the that's the way the devil likes it in there, as you can imagine. He then attempts to spread his devilish propaganda by responding to your text messages, but fortunately most mortals don't understand his gibberish devil language. I suggest submerging it in holy water for 3 days*.

In all seriousness, the phone will get hot if it's running processes or using a lot of data. It sounds like something in your phone has gone "rouge". Have you tried simply rebooting it to see if that fixes it? I'm honestly not sure what to make of the text messages thing. If rebooting didn't work, I'd try to pin down any new apps or check battery usage for any apps running higher than normal...and if that didn't give any conclusive info, I'd probably do a factory reset.

*do not submerge your phone in water of any kind, ever.
    nickgalaxys4 likes this.
    07-09-2013 12:27 PM
    That was a good one. I know my phone get hots when I leave app on and have it in my pocket because no air flow. As for the text message problem yesterday I saw the the GS4 has schedule text so maybe you have text message scheduled to send. This may not fid it but take a look to make sure.

sent from Galaxy S4
    Techeasy ABC
    07-09-2013 12:42 PM