upgrading to S4 from a rooted phone and...

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if that will matter when I go into the store. I'm currently on an HTC Thunderbolt and hopefully upgrading anyday now. Not currently on a custom rom, other than having the bloatware removed. Just wondering if a rooted phone messes with their data transfer process or something like that?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My old Thunderbolt was rooted when I upgraded and did not matter. They did not even touch my old phone. I had all my contacts in Gmail. All I wanted them to do was give me the phone with the new SIM card in it. I did the entire setup myself because I knew more about setting everything up than they did... since I did not want Verizon backup running on any of my devices.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Exactly...I actually recommend you don't let them touch your phone. Just make sure your contacts are synced with Google, and your apps should automatically download from the play store as well once you sign in to your Google Account on the new phone. Verizon's backup assistant software usually causes more headaches than it's worth.

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Alright, Thats what i'll do then. I'm hopefully getting the phone this afternoon. This is my first time going from Smartphone to Smartphone, and not dumbphone to smartphone. So if the transfer process is that easy then I won't let them touch it.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Alright, Thats what i'll do then. I'm hopefully getting the phone this afternoon. This is my first time going from Smartphone to Smartphone, and not dumbphone to smartphone. So if the transfer process is that easy then I won't let them touch it.

Yes, just check you Google contacts online to make sure they are all there, but then you should be good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz