For those WITHOUT Wi-Fi Toggle After Update

Othe12sid3

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
For those who didn't get the Wi-Fi toggle with the update, I heard that if you do a factory reset AFTER applying the update, it will enable it. At first I thought this was ridiculous and not true, but I've read it in at least 3 different places now. Here's a quote from one of the people who says it works:

For those who got the update, and do not have the wifi toggle -- it seems that a factory reset/wipe will enable it. I have absolutely no idea what the deal is, but some are getting the toggle after the update, others are not (myself included). I was bored, had an hour to kill (and not much installed on my device to begin with), so I did a hard reset, and sure enough the toggle is there now. Seems ultra stupid to have to go that far to get it but who knows, maybe the reset enabled other things (highly highly unlikely, but who knows).

This is kinda annoying for me because I did a factory reset before the update, and JUST got back up and running again after downloading all my apps. Does anyone who wants to factory reset anyway wanna try this? If it works I'll probably do it too, as not having it will constantly nag at me even though I probably wouldn't use it that much :p

Othe12sid3

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Okay since nobody responded right away, I just bit the bullet and did a factory reset. I can CONFIRM that you get the Wi-Fi toggle doing a factory reset AFTER applying the ME7 update. Here's a screenshot I took right after completing the setup wizard:

oW08MAV.png

Just for reference, I have the Verizon 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4.

H3Dude

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if you hook up to Verizon update assistant and do a repair device action if it will fix the wifi toggle without a factory reset.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Brian Forshaw

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Can also confirm that WIFI toggle shows up after post-update factory reset. Ongoing WIFI notice in Notification shade is still there as well. Seems redundant.

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I had to do a reset because my phone would not reboot after the update - kept getting stuck on the Verizon splash screen.

After the reset the WiFi toggle is indeed there.

My son has the same issue and he will need to do the reset as well.

We both had disabled bloatware when we got the phones. I can't help but wonder if this update was not written very well if so many people do not have the WiFi toggle after applying the update.

Something clearly went wrong or, at the very least, didn't go right with the update if we had to do a reset in order to get our devices working correctly. I sure hope future updates go smoothly and don't result in all these issues.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I remember my first Android, Verizon's original Droid, and my phone updated the first software update overnight. Our at least, tried to. It bricked my non rooted phone.

Despite not having the Wifi toggle, I'm glad my phone updated okay.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via the AC Forums app

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
IMHO Once again you should always do a factory reset after a dirty update(what verizon does) this allows anything rogue or missing to begin working properly. People who complain about battery life or lag or anything should first do a factory reset to see if it fixes it. won't give a percentage but it would be in the high 90's that is does. Does it suck? Kinda but it's better to have something work properly then to have a gimped phone... and no this is not just to Samsungs phone I was on a Rezound before and this was the first step we told people to do after an update from verizon.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh that sucks. There's nothing wrong with my phone....no lag or anything and I updated right from my phone. The only thing is that I don't have the wifi toggle. I don't want to do a factory reset. Booooo

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Not worth doing a Factory Reset just for that... I can click on my Wifi in the notification and turn it off... good enough for me.

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Will someone please explain what happens when you do a factory reset... Sounds like a pain, but what exactly will you have to do to get the device back to like it was, and is there an app to simplify the process. Thanks in advance.

Posted via Android Central App

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Will someone please explain what happens when you do a factory reset... Sounds like a pain, but what exactly will you have to do to get the device back to like it was, and is there an app to simplify the process. Thanks in advance.

If you do a Factory Reset... this will set your device back to stock, right out of the box on day one... in this case with the latest update to the operating system (patches)... but basically you will have to change anything and everything you did before this. No app will help you put things back to the way it was, nor would you want to use anything like that because this might overwrite a change you are trying to do with the factory reset to get the Wifi toggle on the quick toggle list.

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I did the "dirty update" and everything seems just fine. No way am I resetting everything.

Sent from my SCH-I545

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site
@Fatboy97...Thanks! I will leave the device as it is without the toggle... I have better things to do! Big Red has their cabasa up their...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000