New to this SG4 Smart Phone but slowly starting to understand it (kind of) lol

Problem, when I tap the microphone and ask "what the forecast will be"...it shows my correct city however the temperature says "it's 28 degrees" (way off, should be in the 80's) next to the incorrect temp it shows C/F the C is black, the F is blue.
    Thought I corrected it by setting the 'Language to English (United States)...Google Voice typing (active input methods) English(US) but that didn't fix the incorrect temp reading.

Can someone walk me through the steps to correct the temperature reading?
    Great Forum you have here.
    Thanks, Ray
    07-11-2013 10:44 PM
    New to this SG4 Smart Phone but slowly starting to understand it (kind of) lol

Problem...On the home screen Google S-Voice.
    When I tap the microphone and ask "what the forecast will be"...it shows my correct city however the temperature says "it's 28 degrees" (way off, should be in the 80's) next to the incorrect temp it shows C/F the C is black, the F is blue.
    Thought I corrected it by setting the 'Language to English (United States)...Google Voice typing (active input methods) English(US) but that didn't fix the incorrect temp reading.

Can someone walk me through the steps to correct the temperature reading?
    Great Forum you have here.
    Thanks, Ray
    Hi and welcome...I just tested mine and it gives me the weather in F. Do you have you S-Voice to use location? That could be the problem.
    07-11-2013 10:56 PM
    Hi and welcome...I just tested mine and it gives me the weather in F. Do you have you S-Voice to use location? That could be the problem.
    Sorry, I'm not following your question, could you explain?
    07-11-2013 11:41 PM
    Sorry, I'm not following your question, could you explain?
    Do you have you S-Voice allowed to you location services so this way it knows where you are when you ask about the weather.
    07-11-2013 11:57 PM
    Do you have you S-Voice allowed to you location services so this way it knows where you are when you ask about the weather.
    EDIT...my issue is with 'Google Voice search"...NOT...with Samsung S-Voice (that works properly)

Well, whatever town I'm in it says the correct city, just not the correct temperature.
    Could you please give me the steps to check to see if 'Google voice Search" is set upproperly?
    07-12-2013 07:06 AM
    I've run into this problem too. The best I can determine is that Google Voice Search automatically defaults to Celsius, and there is no way to change the setting. The only way I have ever gotten it to default to Fahrenheit is to activate Google Now and set the weather card to default to Fahrenheit. That setting apparently filters down into Google Voice Search as well. Not the best option for those of us who don't want to use Now in order to preserve battery life.
    07-12-2013 10:10 AM
    I've run into this problem too. The best I can determine is that Google Voice Search automatically defaults to Celsius, and there is no way to change the setting. The only way I have ever gotten it to default to Fahrenheit is to activate Google Now and set the weather card to default to Fahrenheit. That setting apparently filters down into Google Voice Search as well. Not the best option for those of us who don't want to use Now in order to preserve battery life.
    Somehow I got it to work...think I had to enable Google locator or GPS etc...it's now giving the proper temperature reading.
    07-13-2013 06:54 PM
    Somehow I got it to work...think I had to enable Google locator or GPS etc...it's now giving the proper temperature reading.
    Haven't tried that yet. Still, turning on either one of those will still likely result in greater battery drain. For me, it's easier to check the temperature through the temperature sensors on my Galaxy S4 (although that's not a viable option for many).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    07-13-2013 08:10 PM
    Haven't tried that yet. Still, turning on either one of those will still likely result in greater battery drain. For me, it's easier to check the temperature through the temperature sensors on my Galaxy S4 (although that's not a viable option for many).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Possibly true, but I turned off many of the other features that don't really work all that well or work in perfect conditions, like 'smart scroll'.
    07-14-2013 11:41 AM
    Possibly true, but I turned off many of the other features that don't really work all that well or work in perfect conditions, like 'smart scroll'.
    Yeah same here. They serve no purpose for me because they tend to only work with stock Samsung apps like the stock internet browser but not Google Chrome.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    07-14-2013 01:29 PM