I recently updated my s4 with the new verizon update and everything went ok. bust since then i have been getting a notification that a bunch of apps want access to my google acct. I have never seen this popup before and i have canceled it twice and it keeps coming back. the app list is long and range from things like "Filter Installer" to "USB Settings" to "RiNotifier" Any idea what this is about? thanks
    07-12-2013 11:34 PM
    I'm having the same problem after updating the 4.2.2 Android software on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) a few days ago. I get "Permission Request" notifications a couple times a day. There's no useful info if I click on one (it just clears the notification). The offending app is "Google Account Manager" but that doesn't give me anything to work with. I've tried signing out and back in to several of the google apps (maps, email, google+, etc.) but no change.

Permission Request for account "<my_login_name>@gmail.com"
    => Google Account Manager
    v4.2.2_612678

Nobody to call or request help from--at least with an iPhone I could visit and Apple Store and get some help. Maybe soon...
    07-14-2013 03:17 PM
    Hmm. Sounds like maybe something went funky during the update. If its constant and doesnt settle itself in a few days, or you just want to fix it, I'd do a factory reset.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-14-2013 08:44 PM
    For today's workaround I went into the App Manager and disabled "Allow Notifications" for Google Account Manager. So it's no longer able to whine about "Permissions" requests while giving me no useful info about who and which permissions. So far I haven't run into any problems with that or google programs that can't notify me about legitimate things.
    07-15-2013 04:14 PM
    This is probably happening during sync. Go into your Android sync settings and choose "Sync now" in the Google section. The "Request permission" message should pop up.

This appears to often be connected with the My Tracks application. If you are using it, go into the My Tracks settings and turn off the sync. Make sure to do it in the app, not the Android settings. After that, "Sync now" should no longer bring up the message. Now turn the sync back on in the My Tracks settings. It should ask you for an additional permission. Allow it and the problem will be fixed.
    08-16-2013 09:53 AM
    Thanks topofmurrayhill. It was indeed an issue with MyTracks for me. It is kind of solved!
    08-23-2013 02:29 AM