I have had the S4 from launch - alternative launchers to consider instead of TW?

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
i have been using nova from day one pretty much are there any drawbacks from using nova over the TW home luancher? anything i could be missing out on as far as TW options?

Last edited by a moderator:

takehiro12

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: i have had the S4 from launch what home launcher

i have been using nova from day one pretty much are there any drawbacks from using nova over the TW home luancher? anything i could be missing out on as far as TW options?

I can't praise Nova Prime enough, used it for a year on my old S2 and for a week now on my new S4, the control it offers is staggering. Since it allows a transparent notification bar and adjustable transparency in the app drawer, there are very few advantages to sticking with TouchWiz. The only one that leaps to mind is using Air View to move an icon to different screens while waving your hand. A neat trick, but hardly worth chaining yourself to such a limited interface.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site

You lose any TouchWiz specific widgets. But those are easy to find suitable replacements.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Other than, as DenverRalphy says, TW specific widgets, there is no real downside to another launcher. There are plusses - my main reason for using a launcher (Apex in my case - fast and simple) is just to get more icons on the home screen. The stupid, unchangeable 4x4 basic Android grid is a real waste of space and you'd think that limitation would be long gone by now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay