Amazon App

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
What is the Amazon app that comes pre installed? Its the one that's orange and black. I can deactivate it but what is it? I can't find it in my app drawer.

Posted via Android Central App

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I think your talking about the amazon app store. Its pretty much the amazon version of the app store, although they offer a paid app for free everyday. Usually these apps aren't quality, but once in awhile they're surprisingly good.

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
No. I have that as well. This is a black icon with orange writing that just says Amazon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I think your talking about the amazon app store. Its pretty much the amazon version of the app store, although they offer a paid app for free everyday. Usually these apps aren't quality, but once in awhile they're surprisingly good.

How is the "quality" (as you put it) of the free version of Plants vs. Zombies at the amazon appstore any different than the paid version in the play store?

If I remember correctly the entire reason for the free version of apps at the amazon store was to draw customers to the amazon appstore.

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I *think* it's an account management app that logs you into your amazon account when using the various different amazon apps.

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
How is the "quality" (as you put it) of the free version of Plants vs. Zombies at the amazon appstore any different than the paid version in the play store?

If I remember correctly the entire reason for the free version of apps at the amazon store was to draw customers to the amazon appstore.

For the most part, the apps on the amazon app store are exactly the same as the ones on the google play store (sometimes one store will get updates before another). What I meant was the free app of the day usually isn't anything I'd download, even for free.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
For the most part, the apps on the amazon app store are exactly the same as the ones on the google play store (sometimes one store will get updates before another). What I meant was the free app of the day usually isn't anything I'd download, even for free.

That's what I thought..

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I have since removed it, so I can't go back and really answer questions about it, but I think that's probably the "Amazon Mobile" app (not app store), is basically just an app to browse and make purchases of items from Amazon?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.amazon.mShop.android&hl=en&token=dkY6dqqj

(I know that icon is different, but if you disabled the app, there's no way to know if it's been updated with a new icon recently).

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have since removed it, so I can't go back and really answer questions about it, but I think that's probably the "Amazon Mobile" app (not app store), is basically just an app to browse and make purchases of items from Amazon?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.amazon.mShop.android&hl=en&token=A71Zi5L4

(I know that icon is different, but if you disabled the app, there's no way to know if it's been updated with a new icon recently).
It's different than that. I have both the app you give there and the one he's talking about with the icon he gave.

I'd guess this is right:

Hmm, I *think* it's an account management app that logs you into your amazon account when using the various different amazon apps.

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Yes. This is correct. I found it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374207847732.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374207847732.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 10

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member