Verizon software update 1 week later.

jarays212

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I still have yet to apply the new Verizon update to my S4, I have been weary after hearing claims of poor battery life after the update.

Please chime in and give your opinion on the condition of your S4 now that about a week has passed, anything from snappiness of the phone in general to battery life and anything in-between. This would be very helpful to a lot who are still waiting to apply the update!

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
i agree on the battery live mine was great not problems at all used to unplug when i got up then by the time i got to work (5 mile drive) still had like 98% today i had 92% so much different that is no use at all pretty much just prob about 35-45 min off the charger the phone does seem a little quicker but nothing major

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is the same for me. Pretty good actually for the use of this device... Computer in your pocket!

Posted via Android Central App

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
restarted my phone yesterday didnt seem to help then today i shut it down waited a few min then back on seemed to have helped lol so we will see

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
ok battery is still sucking... was at 100% 2.36 hours off charger and was at 60 the strange part is screen wasnt the highest usage was goodle services at 51% google sercises framwork google play account manager contacts sync and location that i dont even have on seems strange. screen was 34% 48 minutes

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
also wanted to add phone has rebooted on its own randomly 2 times today grrrr guess its time to try the factory data reset...

Tahoe916

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been about the same as before the update in terms of battery life. Good battery life before and after. It seems more snappy but not sure if I'm imagining it. I've never had a random reboot, everything has been great.

cgj

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Usually, my battery is around 90% at lunch time. This is at ~5 hours off charge. I just looked (lunch time) and see that the battery is at 61%. My usage shows mostly screen.

Raistiff

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
ok battery is still sucking... was at 100% 2.36 hours off charger and was at 60 the strange part is screen wasnt the highest usage was goodle services at 51% google sercises framwork google play account manager contacts sync and location that i dont even have on seems strange. screen was 34% 48 minutes

Had the same problem today with Google services using a ton of battery. Did a restart and it seems to of fixed it for now... I have noticed about a 15% overall increase in battery usage over a ten hour period since the update.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem today with Google services using a ton of battery. Did a restart and it seems to of fixed it for now... I have noticed about a 15% overall increase in battery usage over a ten hour period since the update.

yeah i have thought about trying a factory reset may have to just dont want too lol

So I fixed my battery life with an update to the play store.

VRUAME7 - battery drain issue? - Page 2 - xda-developers

Post 14 has the fix. Don't need to be rooted, just flash the new play store .apk Fixed mine yesterday, was just fine today.

PepperMan98

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have definitely noticed a drop in battery as well. Has anyone else noticed issues with A2SD? I started moving apps over, then about halfway through the phone rebooted. After that a bunch of the apps showed the sd card logo with the sd letter in the lower right corner where the app used to be. Both in forlders and in the app drawer. I reinstalled some of the apps and moved them to sd again, and a few were fine after that, but a few dissappeared again. Any ideas?

JLeung1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Everytime i try to update it stops halfway through and it says error and the update fails does anyone know what could be the problem or how to fix this?

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Everytime i try to update it stops halfway through and it says error and the update fails does anyone know what could be the problem or how to fix this?
Is your phone completely stock? No rooting, no freezing/deleting of apps? Does it stop during download or install? Have you tried doing it OTA vs. Kies vs. Verizon Update tool?