S4 Camera - alternative ways to activate shutter?

Fotini H

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I just got the s4 and I've been semi happy with it except the camera had surprised me abs key new down a great deal... every picture I've taken so far have all been flirty and it of focus...

Please someone tell me there's a way your can change the way you take pictures by pressing another button on the camera(home button, bovine, etc) opposed to just on the screen...I'm really disliking this feature....

If this isn't an option...any chances of it becoming one with an update???!!! I think it's a necessity esp for someone with small hands..even the iPhone is capable of this...

Please someone help:'(!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

BMI7

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: s4 camera

Check wheather there is a transparent film stuck on the camera's lens...if there is then just peel it off...please...I think thry place it there to protct the lens during the manufacturing and shippiong stages....this may improve the quality of your photos.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site

when in camera, go to settings logo, then go to the settings logo again. Make sure Anti-Shake is on, then Volume Key -- switch it to capture

robrrtp

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site

Also, turn on Voice Control in camera settings (then just say "Shoot" instead of pressing any button)

Fotini H

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

The anti shake is off...and it won't let me change the setting...I've tried everything...any tips??!!

Every time I push the volume button it just zooms..it doesn't take a picture...any other tips to get this to work??
Check wheather there is a transparent film stuck on the camera's lens...if there is then just peel it off...please...I think thry place it there to protct the lens during the manufacturing and shippiong stages....this may improve the quality of your photos.

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

The anti shake is off...and it won't let me change the setting...I've tried everything...any tips??!!

Every time I push the volume button it just zooms..it doesn't take a picture...any other tips to get this to work??

You have to turn off "auto-night mode" to use anti shake.

Posted via Android Central App

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
You can also use the timer function to minimize camera shake. It can be set to OFF, 2, 5 or 10 seconds.

I just ordered the iStabalizer XL phone mount (seen below). The XL model can handle up to the Note 2 in width. Will work great with my Slik mini tripod.

istabilizer.jpg