Lock Screen Password

Droid Confusion

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
My phone was working fine and I was using the swipe method to unlock the screen when I went to bed. When I got up the next morning, it was in security mode wanting a password. The phone got the latest operating system update a couple of days before.

Any help will be great!

Confused :confused:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Any chance a family member or roommate may be playing a practical joke on you? I've never heard of the phone setting a password on it's own.

If you have no way of determining the password, the only way I know to clear it is by booting into recovery and doing a factory reset.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Any chance a family member or roommate may be playing a practical joke on you? I've never heard of the phone setting a password on it's own.

If you have no way of determining the password, the only way I know to clear it is by booting into recovery and doing a factory reset.

That, or if you setup an Enterprise email account (which can force the use of a PIN/Password), but even in that case, it would have asked you to setup that password to use when you setup the email account...it wouldn't just lock the phone out without telling you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac