Finally upgraded from the HTC Rezound to the S4 32GB

Nerelda

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Rezound user here, looking forward to being able to upgrade to the S4 soon. I'm able to upgrade now, but waiting in hopes for a better price.

AndroidJay

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Rezound user here, looking forward to being able to upgrade to the S4 soon. I'm able to upgrade now, but waiting in hopes for a better price.

I paid full price for mine, since I wanted to keep my unlimited data. I am not disappointed at all in the phone.

the53rdcard

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the rezound and get my upgrade in about a week, debating the merits of the 32gb over the 16gb for the extra money, main thing that decides it is, do verizon s4's have the apps to sd card patch yet?

But i do have a specific question for you, how is the call quality compared to the rezound, and how is the signal for the phone and data compared to the rezound?

AndroidJay

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the rezound and get my upgrade in about a week, debating the merits of the 32gb over the 16gb for the extra money, main thing that decides it is, do verizon s4's have the apps to sd card patch yet?

But i do have a specific question for you, how is the call quality compared to the rezound, and how is the signal for the phone and data compared to the rezound?

I did install the patch and yes, the button to Move to SD card is active. As for call quality, it seems about the same. Signal is also about the same in the area I am in.

the53rdcard

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Cool, thanks, might go with the 16gb version, as a 64gb card is cheaper then the difference between the two, but that 32gb sure is nice.

Nerelda

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the 16gb in white and it should be here tomorrow. I'm not one to put a bunch of games or heavy apps on my phone, so the 16 is more than enough for me, and I have an sd card I can transfer from my old phone. My problem is usually the battery isn't strong enough to last as I have it checking for new mail in 5 emails (personal, work, volunteer, and business stuff). I think I'm going to see with this new phone how I might be able to have only certain ones check all the time, and the rest only every few hours.

AndroidJay

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Cool, thanks, might go with the 16gb version, as a 64gb card is cheaper then the difference between the two, but that 32gb sure is nice.

Just keep in mind that the App to SD only works with apps that are less then 50 mb in size from what I have read. So larger apps are stuck on the phone. Who knows why Samsung made that restriction, but they did. At least apps that support it, will be nice to have moved onto the SD card.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the 16gb in white and it should be here tomorrow. I'm not one to put a bunch of games or heavy apps on my phone, so the 16 is more than enough for me, and I have an sd card I can transfer from my old phone. My problem is usually the battery isn't strong enough to last as I have it checking for new mail in 5 emails (personal, work, volunteer, and business stuff). I think I'm going to see with this new phone how I might be able to have only certain ones check all the time, and the rest only every few hours.

IMO, no need to worry about the battery time.. My S4 really last a long time on one charge. However, I just recieved two spare 2600Mah batteries and charger for $22 at Amazon.. Tried them in my S4 and they worked perfectly. So, my wife and I bought carry a spare fully charged battery just in case we are using the S4 big time, and run down the battery. .IMO, can't beat that wilh a stick for $22..

Nerelda

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about either a spare battery or one of those portable battery chargers for those days I really need the extra power. I'm going to wait for at least a few weeks and see how the battery handles on an every-day basis for me. Right now with my Rezound (which has an extended battery), I'm only getting 9 hrs before it's dead with sync turned on. When I turn sync off, I get more like 10-11 hrs battery time.

Catumaros

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Switched from a rezound to a s4 myself. The battery life on the s4 is exceptional compared to the rezound. I'm a fairly heavy user and can get through a 12 hour work day on a charge.

AndroidJay

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Switched from a rezound to a s4 myself. The battery life on the s4 is exceptional compared to the rezound. I'm a fairly heavy user and can get through a 12 hour work day on a charge.

I totally agree. I am a moderate user and I get well over 12 hours. On a light usage day, I get over 15 hours easy.

AndroidJay

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have to say the battery is really nice compaired to the Rezound.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-24-20-56-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-24-20-56-32.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 25

the53rdcard

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
On the rezound it seems if i used it at all during the day for anything other then as a phone, i always had to recharge it to make it through the day, or swap the battery, so its very nice to hear that the s4 has a long battery life.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
On the rezound it seems if i used it at all during the day for anything other then as a phone, i always had to recharge it to make it through the day, or swap the battery, so its very nice to hear that the s4 has a long battery life.

Yes, the battery is night and day compared to the rezound

Nerelda

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got my S4 today and I've spent the past 4 hours, starting on less than 50% battery, getting it updated, doing a factory reset for the update, and downloading, syncing, getting everything set up and completely personalized on the new phone....and I couldn't kill the dang thing! I was using as much power on the phone as I could manage, but the battery wouldn't die! LOL I did finally manage to kill the battery and now it's charging up for the real test tomorrow. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995