I wanted the Nexus and got it the first (nightmare of a) day it was released. I'm not by any means an expert on phones as I had a Blackberry for 5 years prior to the Nexus.

I'm outside of Phila and T Mobile is horrific, which is why I had to go back to Verizon and chose the S4.

I did like, check that, love my N4 despite shattering the glass back and no SD. The S4 is nice but TouchWiz isn't doing it for me. Also I don't use half the features and wish they chose not to go AMOLED as I'm on my phone outdoors a lot and it's tough to see.

Overall though, it's a great phone. I did like the N4 better but unless they move to Verizon it's not an option. Obviously I'd prefer the cheaper plan, but not if it means inferior service.

Also I have an Otter Defender case and for the life of me don't understand why people complain about the casing. It's light weight, doesn't break, and is covered anyway so who cares. My N4 was gorgeous and it broke in 3 weeks.

I thought functionality over form was what Android was all about, cause a lot of these little boys complaining sound like Apple fanboy yuppies to me.

BTW I never heard a mid range phone like the Moto X get more hype ... guess that's what a $500 million marketing budget will do!
    07-24-2013 05:44 PM
    I wanted the Nexus and got it the first (nightmare of a) day it was released. I'm not by any means an expert on phones as I had a Blackberry for 5 years prior to the Nexus.

I'm outside of Phila and T Mobile is horrific, which is why I had to go back to Verizon and chose the S4.

I did like, check that, love my N4 despite shattering the glass back and no SD. The S4 is nice but TouchWiz isn't doing it for me. Also I don't use half the features and wish they chose not to go AMOLED as I'm on my phone outdoors a lot and it's tough to see.

Overall though, it's a great phone. I did like the N4 better but unless they move to Verizon it's not an option. Obviously I'd prefer the cheaper plan, but not if it means inferior service.

Also I have an Otter Defender case and for the life of me don't understand why people complain about the casing. It's light weight, doesn't break, and is covered anyway so who cares. My N4 was gorgeous and it broke in 3 weeks.

I thought functionality over form was what Android was all about, cause a lot of these little boys complaining sound like Apple fanboy yuppies to me.

BTW I never heard a mid range phone like the Moto X get more hype ... guess that's what a $500 million marketing budget will do!
    I don't see a question, so I guess this is just a ramble about your personal choices.

Try Nova for a replacement launcher if you don't like Touchwiz and prefer a more basic Android look and feel. You still get all the features of the S4 and get a LOT more flexibility of setting up your screens.
    07-25-2013 08:51 AM
    I don't see a question, so I guess this is just a ramble about your personal choices.

Try Nova for a replacement launcher if you don't like Touchwiz and prefer a more basic Android look and feel. You still get all the features of the S4 and get a LOT more flexibility of setting up your screens.
    Second this...try out Nova for a more "Nexus-like" feel in terms of the launcher.
    07-25-2013 09:19 AM
    Done. I'm an old head with 0 knowledge about forum etiquette and phone knowledge so I appreciate the feedback. The Nova launcher combined with Google Keyboard is giving me more of the simplicity I enjoyed on my N4. Thx gentlemen!

S4 via Android Central App
    07-26-2013 12:28 AM
    Use the Nova launcher myself and it is great... Enjoy your S4!

J
    07-26-2013 11:44 AM