Why do I have to go to Airplane mode to get back LTE?

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
This is very annoying. I understand that once in a while there's no LTE in the area I'm driving through, etc. But even when I get back to the area I KNOW has LTE, it's still stuck at 3G.
If I start a call and hang up right away, it switches back to LTE. Airplane mode also does it but making a fake call seems faster.
This is ridiculous. Is Verizon doing this on purpose to discourage data use or is this antenna/firmware issue?

I had the same issue with Droid X (only that time it was 1X and 3G instead of 3G and LTE). I thought this phone would fix it.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Samsungs radio handoffs between 3g and 4g has always been a little sceachy, try disabling mobile data then turn it back on. This worked for my gs3 when it was doing this when on a early radio.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
This is very common. The device is either stuck in the current mobiles state or has not refreshed to search for a LTE connection. You should be able to toggle LTE and get the same results.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
This is very common. The device is either stuck in the current mobiles state or has not refreshed to search for a LTE connection. You should be able to toggle LTE and get the same results.

I see, I wonder how Moto X will do.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm...my old S3 used to do this all the time, but my S4 seems to switch almost flawlessly...guess I'm just lucky.

Actually, my wife still have GS3 and when we went on a long trip I kept checking both phones side by side (both on VZ) and she constantly had better switching performance.

Nerelda

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My S4 does not seem to have this problem, however my HTC Rezound had this issue all the time. One of the many reasons I couldn't wait for my upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae