As the title states, I have a Verizon S4 and when I want to compose a text, the phone pulls up e-mail addresses along with phone numbers from my contacts. I only want to see the phone numbers. Most of the e-mail addresses are from contacts on FaceBook, not e-mail addresses I have actually used on my e-mail account. Is there a way to force Messaging to only show phone numbers?

Thanks.
    07-29-2013 12:26 PM
    As the title states, I have a Verizon S4 and when I want to compose a text, the phone pulls up e-mail addresses along with phone numbers from my contacts. I only want to see the phone numbers. Most of the e-mail addresses are from contacts on FaceBook, not e-mail addresses I have actually used on my e-mail account. Is there a way to force Messaging to only show phone numbers?

Thanks.
    Open the contact or people app and look for a setting to only display device contacts. You are pulling all contacts from your gmail account and this is creating the email address when you compose a text.
    08-05-2013 01:08 PM
    I think the question was regarding how can you prevent these email addresses from showing up in the default Messaging app? I have same question, as it is a bit annoying to see email addresses listed here. I do of course need these email addresses in my contact book, but do not want them showing as choices in Text Message apps.

Thoughts?
    08-05-2013 03:34 PM