I'm using Chrome, but can't for the life of me find the option to set a custom homepage. Is it even an available option, or am I stuck with the "take a tour" drivel every startup?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-02-2013 10:06 AM
    I might be misunderstanding, so please understand if I provide misinformation.

When you say 'startup', do you mean start-up of the phone? I've never had to agree to the tour upon each start-up, as i'm Signed into Chrome.

When you open up Chrome several times (for example: chrome, home key, google plus, chrome, home key, google plus, chrome) you're being asked to 'take a tour' of Chrome? if so, then yes--sign in to Chrome.
    Otherwise, if you're just tired of seeing "welcome to google chrome" page icon in Chrome then you can remove it by long-pressing it and selecting "Remove" from the dialogue box that pops up.

In terms of setting a home-page for Chrome mobile, i don't believe it can happen. It will, however, open up to the tab (among the options of Recently Closed, Bookmarks, andSynced) that you last tapped from your previous Chrome session. So if you want "Engadget" to be your home page, visit that webpage in the Chrome browser, then X that browser session. it will then appear in your 'Recently' closed tab (which can be accessed as your last-visited tab in the method i stated above) and you can easily tap it there. this would also work if you had it set as a 'favorite'.

otherwise, no home-page customization
    08-02-2013 01:39 PM