Galaxy S4 won't ring

Tim Moore3

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
My quick fix is to turn the ringtone slider down and then back up. Turns it back on. Looking for the always interrupt thing. It's not in my sound settings. Please navigate for current Android OS.

Jean222

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
This happened to me also. I removed the battery to reset the phone.

I upgraded my Samsung S4 to Kitkat. I tried to ring out. Notice there was no dial tone. Contact received call, but no response from me..Got them to ring me back, but no call received. Tried another contact. Same thing. Checked my settings. In the end I did the above. Whew...now its working.

redhiker1

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I tried about all the suggestions offered in this thread except for taking the battery out and putting it back in. My problem was solved when I asked God for help. I went into phone and then settings and lo and behold somehow when I was fooling with my cell phone sometime in the past, I had clicked on silent for the ringtone options. When I reset the ringtone I wanted it rang just fine. I am a believer that God as my father likes to even help us with the smallest things.

luludog

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
OK, The Galaxy has a big problem with triggering things that it shouldn't without notifying us. In the case of the phone ring being cut off, in most cases, the Do Not Disturb function has been turned on. Simply scroll down your settings functions until you see Sound and Notifications. Open and scroll down until you get to Do Not disturb and open. If it is checked on - Turn it off!

shrimpampi

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys,

I just fixed my mom’s Samsung Galaxy S 4 incoming calls issue! For some reason, her incoming calls were being rejected. I played around and did the following:

Settings>Call>Call rejection>Auto reject mode>Off

I have no idea how or why it was set on “Auto reject numbers”. But her phone is now receiving incoming calls!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I just fixed my mom’s Samsung Galaxy S 4 incoming calls issue! For some reason, her incoming calls were being rejected. I played around and did the following:

Settings>Call>Call rejection>Auto reject mode>Off

I have no idea how or why it was set on “Auto reject numbers”. But her phone is now receiving incoming calls!
Thanks for sharing. I have no idea why there is an auto reject call mode either. Seems rather counter productive

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21