Hi all!

I'm on Verizon and have been using an iPhone since 2011. I had the iP4, but around Christmas 2012 I decided I was bored with it and got the Galaxy S3. I've always admired Android devices and really liked the S3, but when I got it I had TWO (yes only two) issues that ultimately resulted with my returning the phone and exchanging it for the iP5. I'm still very much bored with iOS (lol) and looking to give the S4 a try now.

Now, these are the issues that I had which made me switch back to iOS from the S3:

1) Longer text messages would be chopped up and sent/received out of order.
    2) Pictures via text were compressed very small, and often I couldn't even send a picture. Or video.

Now I know these are silly reasons to have returned a phone that I otherwise enjoyed, but I'm a big texter and it was a major issue for me to deal with. (I'm such a girl, I know.) Also, I was too big of a derp to check the forums THEN for suggestions on dealing with it on my S3, but I guess I'm glad it happened this way. Now the S4 is available, and I'm obsessed with it's display while it also happens to have a lot of the features that I liked about the previous model... sooooo...

I've been browsing the forums for answers to these issues and have read some varied responses, but I guess what I'm trying to find out is if these issues are also present on the S4 and how you have resolved them... if you have?

Thanks for looking!
    08-09-2013 11:07 AM
    How long were the text messages you were sending? I sent a text yesterday that ended up being 13 lines and it was all sent with one text. I don't think I've ever had a problem with my text messages being split into multiple ones due to their length and I know I've sent some long texts in the past...
    08-09-2013 06:30 PM
    Also your s3 might have been defective, I used the S3 for over a year and never had the problems you described.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-09-2013 06:42 PM
    Also your s3 might have been defective, I used the S3 for over a year and never had the problems you described.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    I have considered this. I have friends with Android devices (one even has the S3) and they have not encountered these issues, and then I have another friend with a device that will even turn a single sentence into a two part text for the recipient. I guess it happens to some devices and not others.
    08-09-2013 07:01 PM