Firmware version shipping on recent 32GB Verizon GS4 's ? Keis work with VZW GS4?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I am about to order the 32 GB GS4 on Verizon next week. I've been reading much about the VRUAME7 update, and the possible need to do a hard reset after the update to see the Wifi toggle etc. My questions are :

(1) For anyone who has ordered and received the 32 GB version recently, did it arrive with the VRUAME7 software, or did you have to do an update?
(2) If you did have to update, was the update available immediately, or soon after activating? If so, how soon?
(3) Is Keis available for use with the Verizon GS4?

I ask because I definitely want the WiFi toggle there. If a reset is needed after getting to ME7, I don't want to spend a bunch of initial time setting the GS4 up, only to have to do it again. My plan is to not set anything up after activating, until I am on ME7. I just want to make sure I can get to ME7 soon after activating .

Thanks in advance for your help.

Don

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine came with the mdk baseband, as far as the update I rooted and romed it before even sticking in the sim card.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered a 32GB GS4 today, it will arrive tomorrow via Fed Ex so I will gladly post what it has on it. I am curious as well given how Verizon pulled all of the GN2 inventory back in January to patch the bootloader and they did it post haste back then. If they are letting users get sucked into the OTA then that is something new for them given their rapid follow up to any attempts to root and get around Bootloader work.

My question then becomes, what ROM's are based on the updated software since it does "fix" issues and in part has merit, yet the BL and root issue is a negative.

minionhunter

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Mine came with the mdk baseband, as far as the update I rooted and romed it before even sticking in the sim card.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Can you explain how you did this since su needs to update to keep root on reflashing the kernal? Did you just use wifi to do this?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered a 32GB GS4 today, it will arrive tomorrow via Fed Ex so I will gladly post what it has on it.

Any word on what version it shipped with ?

Edit: I just saw in the other thread that you mentioned yours came with ME7. That is good for me actually, but not good at the moment for the root/ROM community. Thanks.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine arrived with ME7 on it, I was hoping the sticker was an error but when powered up and checked it was in deed ME7. I guess I am stuck waiting for those who can get us around the bootloader to find a way. It could be a while or it could be tomorrow you just never know.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Mine arrived with ME7 on it, I was hoping the sticker was an error but when powered up and checked it was in deed ME7. I guess I am stuck waiting for those who can get us around the bootloader to find a way. It could be a while or it could be tomorrow you just never know.

Did your ME7 have the Wifi toggle present?

benhath

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine started the update immediately upon turning it on for the first time (or perhaps upon activation, can't remember). After completion of the update, and having read in this forum about the WI-FI toggle issue, I immediately performed a factory reset before doing anything else or loading anything on. Upon completion of the update, the WI-FI toggle appeared. No rooting or any other modification was involved.

Ben

I am about to order the 32 GB GS4 on Verizon next week. I've been reading much about the VRUAME7 update, and the possible need to do a hard reset after the update to see the Wifi toggle etc. My questions are :

(1) For anyone who has ordered and received the 32 GB version recently, did it arrive with the VRUAME7 software, or did you have to do an update?
(2) If you did have to update, was the update available immediately, or soon after activating? If so, how soon?
(3) Is Keis available for use with the Verizon GS4?

I ask because I definitely want the WiFi toggle there. If a reset is needed after getting to ME7, I don't want to spend a bunch of initial time setting the GS4 up, only to have to do it again. My plan is to not set anything up after activating, until I am on ME7. I just want to make sure I can get to ME7 soon after activating .

Thanks in advance for your help.

Don

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It does, and I friggin hate that stupid wifi toggle. I know there is a way to remove it, just need to find time to get it done.

I am guessing you mean that notification shade nag screen. If so , yes, it is pretty universally hated. I don't think you mean the actual on/off wifi toggle, which is very useful.. That is the one I am asking about, NOT the VZ persistent wifi nag...

Erievon

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh Boo. First one I've heard getting an ME7 out of the box that wasn't a referb. Mine is on a fedex truck for delivery today. Hope it's MDK (fingers crossed).

I took the chance, and if it's ME7 well, it's still a great phone.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I see, I do have the WiFi toggle in my Quick Settings at the top of the screen, and that annoying wifi nag which I will be removing now that I am rooted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke