I just got my new Galaxy S4 after I had problems with a previous, defective one. As expected, I received the message that a Software update was available. I connected the phone to my computer and used Verizon's Updater Assistant program that installs when you connect it. I used this method because I had previous issues with the phone dropping then reconnecting to my router every so often and I didn't want to interrupt the update.

Everything was installed and no errors occurred. Skip to the next day, I turn on my phone and the message pops up that I have another update. Confused, I connected the phone again and it said everything was up-to-date. I then just hit install on the phone itself and it began to update but then immediately said "error" and stopped. The phone started up like normal and I went to "About Phone" and checked for updates and it said everything was up to date. However, the "About Phone" icon is still yellow indicating that there is a problem (I presume). I'm assuming the update failed because it was already installed but what's up with the icon still saying there is a problem? And say I just installed it directly off the phone and my internet did end up dropping for a second, would that damage the update in anyway?

Android Version is 4.2.2

Baseband version is ME7
    08-11-2013 05:00 PM
    I just got my new Galaxy S4 after I had problems with a previous, defective one. As expected, I received the message that a Software update was available. I connected the phone to my computer and used Verizon's Updater Assistant program that installs when you connect it. I used this method because I had previous issues with the phone dropping then reconnecting to my router every so often and I didn't want to interrupt the update.

Everything was installed and no errors occurred. Skip to the next day, I turn on my phone and the message pops up that I have another update. Confused, I connected the phone again and it said everything was up-to-date. I then just hit install on the phone itself and it began to update but then immediately said "error" and stopped. The phone started up like normal and I went to "About Phone" and checked for updates and it said everything was up to date. However, the "About Phone" icon is still yellow indicating that there is a problem (I presume). I'm assuming the update failed because it was already installed but what's up with the icon still saying there is a problem? And say I just installed it directly off the phone and my internet did end up dropping for a second, would that damage the update in anyway?

Android Version is 4.2.2

Baseband version is ME7
    Have you tried rebooting into recovery and clearing cache?
    08-11-2013 08:50 PM
    Have you tried rebooting into recovery and clearing cache?
    I just tried it and it produced another error.
    08-11-2013 09:13 PM
    I just tried it and it produced another error.
    OK. The only other thing I can think of is to flash the mist updated ROM through Odin.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    08-11-2013 10:01 PM
    When I updated my phone my "About Phone" Icon turned from Blue to Yellow. That should be normal.
    08-12-2013 11:20 AM
    When I updated my phone my "About Phone" Icon turned from Blue to Yellow. That should be normal.
    On my other phone it was blue even after updating. I somehow doubt that yellow is a good sign since it is usually associated with caution. You might be having the same problem as me. That or I'm wrong and yellow is normal.
    08-12-2013 04:32 PM
    Yellow is the normal color for "About Phone" in Settings. There isn't anything wrong with your phone.
    08-13-2013 08:09 AM
    Mine came with ME7 update and the About phone is yellow as well.
    08-13-2013 12:18 PM