I just realized this the other day, my GS4 will not receive a Facebook or Email notification sometimes while connected to WiFi. Once I disconnect from WiFI, I receive all of the notifications at once. These are secure WiFi connections but I dont think that has anything to do with it. Anyone have this issue?

I am running the most recent update that Verizon sent out also.
    08-11-2013 09:42 PM
    while using your phone, are you logged into gmail/google/chrome on any other device? I encountered a similar problem in which my phone wasn't receiving updates/notifications at all (hangouts/gmail/google voice) because they were actively being sent to my Chrome browser on my laptop which i didn't even have open.
    08-12-2013 10:08 AM
    I just realized this the other day, my GS4 will not receive a Facebook or Email notification sometimes while connected to WiFi. Once I disconnect from WiFI, I receive all of the notifications at once. These are secure WiFi connections but I dont think that has anything to do with it. Anyone have this issue?

I am running the most recent update that Verizon sent out also.
    Go to the wifi settings, click on menu button and choose "advanced"...make sure that "keep wi-fi on during sleep" is set to "always"
    dsignori likes this.
    08-12-2013 11:17 AM
    while using your phone, are you logged into gmail/google/chrome on any other device? I encountered a similar problem in which my phone wasn't receiving updates/notifications at all (hangouts/gmail/google voice) because they were actively being sent to my Chrome browser on my laptop which i didn't even have open.
    Not to my knowledge. I also have the Groupme app that only syncs sometimes.

Go to the wifi settings, click on menu button and choose "advanced"...make sure that "keep wi-fi on during sleep" is set to "always"
    It's already set to that.
    08-12-2013 06:40 PM