"Little house" icon

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey, every now then when I look at my phone there is a "little house" icon above the reception and the the right of the wifi connection. Does anyone know what it means? Look at the picture attached.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1377040248438.jpg
    1377040248438.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 176

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Looks like it's part of the cell signal indicator. Maybe it means your home cell network, as opposed to roaming? When I searched for notification icons for you phone, the only modification I found for the cell signal indicator was an "R" that indicates roaming.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey, every now then when I look at my phone there is a "little house" icon above the reception and the the right of the wifi connection. Does anyone know what it means? Look at the picture attached.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Is it always there or just some times? Do you use a microcell/femtocell device at home? Perhaps it's an indicator you're using the femtocell.

Posted via Android Central App

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
A) The icon is letting you know that your signal is being boosted by a repeater. Repeaters are found in larger buildings where normal cell signal is weak.

B) Your house has a tractor beam, specifically designed to pull down cell satellites in orbit to be closer to your house as they pass overhead to maximize your signal.

You decide which explanation is the right one.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Kindly relay instructions on the construction of the tractor beam. I've always wanted one but have been too lazy to build it. Cell signal is pretty good in my area so I won't be using it to capture satellites but I would like to begin capturing police and/or military drones. They're just cool and I want one.

On a side note, I think it's super cool of samsung to have built in the capability to detect tractor beams. Definitely increases the coolness factor of the S4.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
To accomplish the setup the OP has you need:

1) a house
2) a ladder
3) a tractor beam
4) duct tape
5) beer

Use the ladder to get to the roof. Place the tractor beam on the roof. Duct tape the tractor beam to roof. Climb down ladder. Drink beer.
DO NOT DRINK THE BEER WHILE YOU ARE STILL ON THE ROOF. I can't stress that step enough.

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Haha, well this is just happening occasionally when I am at home. I live in a 35 year old town home. Not too many people young nor smart enough around here to pull off anything like that. But cool none the less.
As for the Tractor Beam, yeahhhhh, Mike, why did you tell them all my secrets. BTW, it was safe to have the beer on the ladder though and not on the roof.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
nope, nothing. Only thing is, I am hooked up to my home wifi router, that is it.

I've never seen that symbol on mine.... is the home wifi router yours, or is it something from Verizon? Only reason I'm asking is because I recent heard about something on Sprint where they supply a booster device for areas with poor reception to help with the 911 system... not that I've heard about any from Verizon, but just checking to see what type of home equipment you might have.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
OP, one of your neighbors might have this.

Your neighbor can set this up for either managed access (just phones he specifically lists) or open access (any VZW customer who happens by can benefit). Just a thought.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know what that diamond icon with the )))) means? I've not seen any explanation on the user guide on what that symbol means.

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
It is signal boost and enables you to make and receive calls through your broadband.
Would be interested to know which model phone you are using. I have it on Galazy Mini2 GT S6500

Ivieg8

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
i got this too on my s3, and my gfs s3. small home with )))) above. i could see it being a repeater, but my signal is super weak... which maybe thats why a neighbor has it...

i actually ended up flashing aokp to mine and theres no icon now. in fact now i just get R or 0... anyone know if AOKP doesnt support repeaters??? is that even possible?:-\

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I would love to have the OP'S weather though. Can't build a tractor beam too comfortably in the cold....
Edited due to auto correct.
Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

JR Hill

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Dang this thread is funny. But seriously, I've have an S5 that is current along with a Boostx wireless extender and have never seen this icon. And VZ won't be covering anything here in the canyon so I only get a slight signal from a partner in roam. a short 1/4 mi up the canyon there is 3/4g, but it just won't follow the terrain. Sigh. Scotty could help me, I'm sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae