I've recently switched from a Galaxy Nexus to an S4 after a couple of years. I really like the S4, but I have a couple of nitpicks and questions, and was wondering if anyone could help out.

First, the bottom buttons annoy me since my Nexus and Nexus 7 are the exact opposite. Is there any way, mod or otherwise, to switch the back and menu buttons?

Is there any way to make the number pad use a normal number tone instead of the water drop noise?

TouchWiz was ok, but it was too restrictive with how I normally use my phone. I switched to Nova Launcher and infinitely prefer it. Does anyone know if the CM10.2 is going to be using the standard Nexus layout? If so, will that fix the above problem as well?

Every time I want to connect my headset, it pops up in the middle of the screen saying paired, and I have to touch it to connect. Is there a way for it to just connect automatically every time?

The boot screens are a little much for me, and the Rom Toolbox said it flashed a new one, but it never happened. Is there a special way this needs to be done?

Thanks in advance for your help everyone!
    08-29-2013 03:05 PM
    Without having an S4, I'll tell you what I can.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-disabled.html
    That thread tells you how to edit buttons. It was the poster's idea to disable the hardware keys completely and use on screen keys. The how to on how to do that will show you where your button settings are and informs you on how to manually edit them.

The water drop things should be able to be turned off in settings/sound, and the settings for dialer will let you have them play normal tones, I believe.
    CM is a hair off from the real Nexus layout, but it's darn close and passable. That'll fix your dialer sounds and home screen problems. Also, depending on your carrier, you may be able to flash the GPe rom on there which would make it what you want. It should fix your headset issue as well.
    As far as boot animations, I'm at a loss as I never fool with those. Hopefully another member can help out there.
    08-29-2013 03:37 PM
    Thanks very much for the assistance! I'll check all that out. Good to hear about CM.
    Scott Kenyon likes this.
    08-29-2013 03:51 PM