GS4 Screen Dead, Green LED light solid. Anyone know a fix?

Matthew Howell

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I charged my Verizon gs4 overnight last night. When I woke up this morning the phone is dead. The screen is completely black, not turned on at all, and the LED indicator is a solid green, I've tried holding down volume up, power, and home at the same time but nothing. Ive also tried holding both volume buttons and power but the phone still won't restart.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried taking the battery out for a few seconds and then powering it on? I would try that then if that didn't work I would put it back on the charger and let it charge for 10 mins or so, just to make sure it charged last night. Good luck.

SombreroUno

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a three week old, un-rooted S4 on Sprint, and this happens to me at least once a day. I have to either pull the battery or gold the power button for about 20 seconds to get it to re-start. Any ideas?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a three week old, un-rooted S4 on Sprint, and this happens to me at least once a day. I have to either pull the battery or gold the power button for about 20 seconds to get it to re-start. Any ideas?

I also have Sprint, but thank God no problems like those. If yours does it very often then I recommend you exchange that phone.
However, before doing it, do a factory reset. It might help.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

SombreroUno

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Right on. I wanted to check if anyone had any ideas before I did the reset. You know, trying to avoid having to set up everything again.. looks like it might be my only option. thanks for your feedback!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Right on. I wanted to check if anyone had any ideas before I did the reset. You know, trying to avoid having to set up everything again.. looks like it might be my only option. thanks for your feedback!

No problem, sorry but at this point seems like that's the option you have.

SombreroUno

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok, went through the reset and still have the same problem.. it seems to happen when it's charging the battery after it's 30% or lower. Again, never been rooted and only 3 weeks old. I'm a lil stumped..

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, went through the reset and still have the same problem.. it seems to happen when it's charging the battery after it's 30% or lower. Again, never been rooted and only 3 weeks old. I'm a lil stumped..

A chingao! :eek::confused::what:
Is there a way you can still exchange that phone for another one?
Also, have you tried a different charging cable?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I tried the cable from my S3 too, same thing mismo.. haha. I guess I'm going back to Sprint.. Keep ya posted. Gracias!

Orales! :confused:
Like any other electronics, smartphones also have lemons.

I got my first Galaxy S4 back in July 1, I'm on my third one! :eek:

The first had issues, but the second was good, stupid Sprint made me think it was the phone when in fact it was Sprint's fault. I found out after I had exchanged it for this one at Best Buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae