Make it stop!!

I can't find anywhere to turn it off.

Yes, I want it to vibrate.
    Yes, I want it to play a little tone or sound.
    NO, I DO NOT WANT IT TO LIGHT UP MY WHOLE SCREEN.

Can it be turned off?
    09-10-2013 09:08 PM
    Someone posted this workaround solution on the Verizon forum:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/804726
    09-11-2013 12:52 AM
    Thank you so much!!
    09-11-2013 01:55 AM
    Personally, I prefer GO SMS Pro... it's a great Text Messaging app that is very customizable. You can have your screen light up, or not... load numerous free themes for their app. Sometimes you get a little overwhelmed by the options... but there is plenty of help around the forums.
    09-11-2013 06:26 AM
    Thank you! I'll check it out.
    09-11-2013 11:52 AM
    This works great!! The only thing I'm missing now is when my phone vibrates to let me know I have received a text, and I wake my phone up without taking the screen lock off, it doesn't show the little envelope up in the status bar. Even if I take my screen lock off, there is still no little envelope on the status bar.
    Is that normal?
    09-11-2013 11:53 AM
    This works great!! The only thing I'm missing now is when my phone vibrates to let me know I have received a text, and I wake my phone up without taking the screen lock off, it doesn't show the little envelope up in the status bar. Even if I take my screen lock off, there is still no little envelope on the status bar.
    Is that normal?
    Are you using the Stock SMS app, or Go SMS Pro?
    09-11-2013 05:06 PM
    I'm using the stock SMS app. I went to check out Go SMS Pro and when I went to install it, the popup said... "Allows this app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation." WTH?????? Why would I allow that?
    09-11-2013 07:25 PM
    I'm using the stock SMS app. I went to check out Go SMS Pro and when I went to install it, the popup said... "Allows this app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation." WTH?????? Why would I allow that?
    Any text messaging app will needs to be able to use your camera and video... it doesn't take pictures or videos without you actually doing it, but what do you think MMS messages are about... how about using your camera and video. You can usually do that while in the app... that is why it needs to be able to do that... even the stock app does that.
    09-11-2013 08:02 PM
    Any text messaging app will needs to be able to use your camera and video... it doesn't take pictures or videos without you actually doing it, but what do you think MMS messages are about... how about using your camera and video. You can usually do that while in the app... that is why it needs to be able to do that... even the stock app does that.
    Oh, that's right.

I have uninstalled the two apps that were mentioned in the Verizon thread and went with SMS Popup and it works awesome (I don't use the popup though)!! I got my phone to do exactly what I needed. No more screen wake up when I receive a text. It vibrates and lets me know there is a message waiting by flashing a color light of my choosing, plus the speed of flash. It's perfect!!
    09-13-2013 12:21 AM