Mophie Juice Pack Issue

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Mophie Juice Pack yesterday and ever since I installed it, the phone back light comes on randomly (often). The phone will just be sitting on my desk and the phone back light just randomly turns on. Is it possible I bought a defective Mophie Juice Pack?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I bought a Mophie Juice Pack yesterday and ever since I installed it, the phone back light comes on randomly (often). The phone will just be sitting on my desk and the phone back light just randomly turns on. Is it possible I bought a defective Mophie Juice Pack?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

You may get more responses to issues like this (regarding accessories) if you post to the general Galaxy S4 forum instead of under this Verizon sub-forum, as this would not be specific to Verizon users.

I don't own this product, but my guess is that your screen is turning on because a charging cycle is initiated (much like it does when you plug it into the wall). I'm not sure if that's normal when using a charging pack or not, but it may be?

DeerSteak

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
My screen also pops on to tell me when the phone hits 100%. So if you have the battery in the case turned on all the time, it might be draining some, then charging some, then popping the screen on when it's full. If you're not running the battery down some throughout the day, try doing that before turning on the case and see if that makes a difference.

It could also be a bad connection in the case if it's charging, loses connection, and then starts charging again. The screen pops on when it starts charging, like paintdrinkingpete mentioned.