Hey all, I have 2 quick questions:

1. Whenever I hook my S4 up to my pc it automatically goes to 'attached as an installer' Is that changable? Because I only ever hook it up to pc for offloading my camera stuff or adding ringtones I made myself, etc..

2. Is there a better app on market for camera and gallery than the stock android one that it came with? While the camera app itself is working great for taking pics and video, it seems to be having issues playing back the videos so I have to offload them to the pc to watch any videos I shoot.. and the stock gallery app freezes on me regularly... seems like if I don't reboot my s4 once a week I have gallery issues!

Thanks,

Other important Info: running Stock Android 4.2.2 with Samsung's proprietary OS cover (Touchwiz I believe is what its called..) No, I haven't rooted or rom'd it because I don't dare try on my own with a $600 phone that can be bricked with one wrong move.... and I don't have the $$ to pay someone else to!
    09-14-2013 02:40 PM
    1. I've looked into that before, and from what I could tell, there isn't any easy way to prevent the installer mode from being the default. You just have to change it each time by swiping down the notification shade and selecting the USB connection option.

2. QuickPic is an excellent Gallery replacement. The only downside is that it doesn't have any cloud functionality. I think Camera Zoom FX is a good camera app as well--lots of nice features, including one that ensures that the phone is steady before the picture is taken.
    09-14-2013 02:46 PM
    Cloud functionality meaning it doesn't work with Dropbox?
    09-14-2013 02:57 PM
    Sorry--I meant that it won't show online galleries, like from Picasa/Google+. But you can still share photos to all kinds of sites--I would assume with Dropbox as well, as long as it's installed on your device.
    09-14-2013 03:38 PM
    Oh thanks Yeah cloud I'm not concerned with.. I don't know if its an error in the camera app, or the the gallery app, but a 4 minute video I shot this morning got corrupted so I lost it..>.>
    09-14-2013 03:42 PM
    Are you saving your videos to the internal storage or to the external SD? If external, then maybe there's a problem with the SD card.
    09-14-2013 03:58 PM
    Always to external sd card... It might be the SD card... about a month and a half ago or so I got a message on screen that said my card had been corrupted and had to be re-formatted... I had to reinstall all my ringtones and stuff from zedge...

I went to the Verizon store.. he claimed that there could be a virus on my phone, but I've got Avast Mobile, and its not finding anything
    09-14-2013 07:55 PM
    I think I'd try a new card.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-14-2013 09:26 PM
    Agreed. SD cards are so cheap now that it shouldn't set you back to much to get a replacement.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-14-2013 10:10 PM
    Thanks guys.. Looking into that now!
    09-17-2013 07:08 PM