It would appear that most updates considered system and also oem bloat are not sticking after reboot. I have also tried Link2SD to integrate update into system with no success. I also can't seem to get Link2SD to uninstall system items, luckypatcher also wont patch files, just brings up the progress bar and never changes.Has any one else had the issue or thoughts on how to correct this?
    I believe this is happening after root (I prepped an SD card and rooted it in-store while they where doing there paper work to start a first timer contract).
    09-27-2013 11:44 AM
    It would appear that most updates considered system and also oem bloat are not sticking after reboot. I have also tried Link2SD to integrate update into system with no success. I also can't seem to get Link2SD to uninstall system items, luckypatcher also wont patch files, just brings up the progress bar and never changes.Has any one else had the issue or thoughts on how to correct this?
    I believe this is happening after root (I prepped an SD card and rooted it in-store while they where doing there paper work to start a first timer contract).
    I have never heard of anything like this before... not to say it might not be happening to some... but it's not the norm for anyone that roots their device. To me it sounds like something did not go correctly when you rooted. You say you rooted "in-store"... wow, I'm not sure what procedure you used, but the complexity of rooting is not something I would do with ANY device, unless it's a long tested rooting app, and that is NOT what we have for the S4. You have not stated what process you used... that might be a good starting spot... and you might want to be sure that process is a good process by a reliable source like XDA.

Interesting that this is your first post to this site. And whatever process you did use, you might want to go back to that source and post some questions to them... again, it sounds like something did not take properly.
    rippey574 likes this.
    09-29-2013 10:35 AM
    I used [GUIDE] Root for Verizon Galaxy S4 ***VRUAME7 Build Only!*** - xda-developers , which is where i get all the roots for my phones and tablets. The method was relatively simple, an app from market, Exfat SD card and run some terminal commands. Rooting for me is typically simple, I have used Linux for quite a some time now. Im just not up to par in Java just python and C+.
    I think I will take your advice and post back on xda to see if they can offer some assistance on this.
    10-01-2013 04:50 PM