Help backing up data but screen is broken

Derek levine

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung screen is broken, you cant see it or use it but i think the memory is ok, it recognizes it on my computer as a device and all i need to do is enter the password. and thats where i run into problems THE SCREENS BROKEN. i have a new phone and all i need to do is transfer it all WHAT DO I DO?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung screen is broken, you cant see it or use it but i think the memory is ok, it recognizes it on my computer as a device and all i need to do is enter the password. and thats where i run into problems THE SCREENS BROKEN. i have a new phone and all i need to do is transfer it all WHAT DO I DO?

With nothing showing up on the screen, and a lock, I am not sure you can do anything. I am not even sure if using ADB and push commands would help.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Get the cable to connect to HDMI and connect it to a TV.
You can then just connect the phone to a computer and pull the data off via computer.
My daughter had the same issue and we used the special cable to get to our TV and unlocked the phone.

It does work.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Get the cable to connect to HDMI and connect it to a TV.
You can then just connect the phone to a computer and pull the data off via computer.
My daughter had the same issue and we used the special cable to get to our TV and unlocked the phone.

It does work.

Would you still be able to unlock the phone if the screen doesn't work? Also, the S4 doesn't have an HDMI out...

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Would you still be able to unlock the phone if the screen doesn't work? Also, the S4 doesn't have an HDMI out...

You need the MHL to HDMI cable for the S4.
Then connect the HDMI to a TV.
The screen not working probably has nothing to do with the digitizer for input working.

You can then remove the screen lock and grab your data via PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol