Hello,

I was helping a friend free up some space on his Galaxy S4.

We put a Mini SD card in and moved his pictures to it. We went into the settings, then to storage and selected the gallery. When pressing down on it, it gave us a "Move" option. Once selected, that let us move all of the images to the SD card.

Now the images show as being there (there is a generic icon for each image) but they will not display on the phone.

I tried popping the SD card into the computer to view them as well but that did not help either.

Can anyone give me any ideas on what I could do?

Thanks!
    10-03-2013 02:00 PM
    Hello,

I was helping a friend free up some space on his Galaxy S4.

We put a Mini SD card in and moved his pictures to it. We went into the settings, then to storage and selected the gallery. When pressing down on it, it gave us a "Move" option. Once selected, that let us move all of the images to the SD card.

Now the images show as being there (there is a generic icon for each image) but they will not display on the phone.

I tried popping the SD card into the computer to view them as well but that did not help either.

Can anyone give me any ideas on what I could do?

Thanks!
    Have you checked to see if they're also still on the phone's internal memory storage? If they are, I'd suggest copying (not moving) them by USB to a computer, and only after confirming that they're on the computer deleting them from the phone's internal storage.
    10-03-2013 03:46 PM
    Yeah, sounds like files may have been corrupted in transfer? This is why you should always *copy* files from source to destination instead of move, that way you can verify the files were transferred successfully before deleting the originals.

May be time to restore from a backup...at the very least hopefully your friend uses the auto-upload features of Dropbox or Google Drive.
    10-04-2013 12:47 PM