Unlock Verizon Galaxy S4?

icfbob

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I have Verizon Samsung S4 and I will be going to Costa Rica at the end of the month (6-14). What will I need to do to use a local SIM card I can get at airport upon arrival for calling, and Text. Data too or is it just as easy to use the WIFI function and desengage mobile data??
Thanks in advance-Bob

rmjohnson144

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unlock Verizon gs4

VZW unlock if switching sim and apn doesn't work..

Enter Phone Menu..

*#27663368378#
[1]UMTS
[2]DEBUG
[6]PHONE CONTROL
[6]NETWORK LOCK
[3]PERSOSHA256 OFF
MENU > BACK 3 TIMES.. [UMTS MAIN MENU]
[6]COMMON
[6]NV REBUILD

If it says GOLDEN-BACKUP exists..

[4]RESTORE BACK-UP

REBOOT

UNLOCKED.

I type the number from the dial phone number menu and nothing happens. I even hit the green call button and it just dials it like a normal phone call.

Is there something I missed?

About phone says I have:
Device name: SCHI545
Android: 4.4.2
Base version: I545VRUVNC5
Kernel Version: 3.4.0

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon Samsung S4 and I will be going to Costa Rica at the end of the month (6-14). What will I need to do to use a local SIM card I can get at airport upon arrival for calling, and Text. Data too or is it just as easy to use the WIFI function and desengage mobile data??
Thanks in advance-Bob

Putting in the sim should get calls and texts working. If you need data then you need the carrier's apn, which you can manually enter. You can disable data and use just wifi if desired

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

rmjohnson144

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
How can I verify if my phone is actually unlocked? I asked Verizon and they said they didn't see that it was locked to any carrier, but they didn't say if it was unlocked or not.

Miky Regino

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes Junior is right I got a brand new Verizon Samsung galaxy S4 today from CraigList and its unlocked so I try searching how I will be able to unlock this phone and luckily I just step on this site and follow the step by step and it work on my verizon phone. Thanks a lot for the wonderful solution for unlocking my verizon phone S4.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How can I verify if my phone is actually unlocked? I asked Verizon and they said they didn't see that it was locked to any carrier, but they didn't say if it was unlocked or not.

You can pop in a Tmobile prepaid sim, and it should connect.

cg8905

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
so does going and buying a net 10 or straight talk sim kit and pop it in a verizon galaxy s4 work?? can anyone confirm this?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
so does going and buying a net 10 or straight talk sim kit and pop it in a verizon galaxy s4 work?? can anyone confirm this?

Correct. I don't have an s4,but it works on my Verizon Rezound, s3,note 2, and Note 3, all work on tmobile. No reason why it won't work on the s4.

kchecks

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
My daughter gave me her Verizon Samsung S4 but I'm on Cricket. Can I just buy the correct sim card from Cricket and use this phone? I am seeing mixed messages on whether a verizon will work on the cricket network. I did find that I can switch to the GMS network and hearing that the phone should already be unlocked....just hate to spend money on it if it isn't going to work. HELPPPP.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, just get a GSM sim from cricket and put it in gsm mode.

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unlock Verizon gs4

wrong....s4, s4 mini work perfectly out of the box on t-mobile. Mine was Verizon, nothing to change

Jordan Leigh1

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
My phone says wrong MMI code........
i"ve also tried *#0011
i cant get internet on my verizon galaxy s4 using at&t sim card and proper apn!! help........:'(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Post a screen shot of your apn settings.

Kari Ostroot

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey All,
Im studying abroad in Denmark for the next year and have been trying to figure out if i can get my phone to work there and not have to get a different one there. I have a verzion samsung S3. not sure if it is unlocked and a little confused about the cdma/gsm differences because i keep on finding various answers about it. In the settings it is set to global network, so if i put in a Danish sim card would talk and text work? is the APN from the other network? so would they give it to you? Talking to a Verzion person on the phone got me nowhere.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
With the latest update, the Verizon s3 is unlocked. So you would just need a local sim. Apn is for data, and the sim provider can give you this info

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you put in the at&t sim first? Have you updated to the latest software?