Unlock Verizon Galaxy S4?

A6A6

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey all here is my issue..

I travel to an area that only works with AT&T everyday for work...
while im there my verizon s4 does not work at all....

Im highly considering buying a AT&T go phone SIM card and putting it in my verizon phone while I am there just so I can have some service and Internet while I am workin.
I will swap the SIM card every day when I am on my way to work and homefrom work ......

I called Verizon to ask them if my phone was unlocked and I explain to them the situation they told me that the go phone SIM card would not work in my verizon phone and that if I attempted to put one in it will void my contract.
I do not want to hold my contract because im on the limited data plan and I use 12 hugs monthly.

I've read some of the above post about changing the APN and other things.
I'm unsure what to think .... I'm wondering if Verizon is lying to me....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. Here is my issue.

I have a Verizon S4.
I will be visiting a area where only atnt service works.
In was thinking of getting a Atnt Go sim card and inserting into my S4.
I called Verizon and asked to be sure if my phone was unlocked and also explained my dilema and they said it was but if I put another sim card into my phone it would not work and also I would be voiding my contract with them..
I wish not to void my contract because I am still grandfathered in on the unlimited data plan and currently use close to 12 gigs per month.

Anyone know if this I an possible and how I can go about doing it?
Also....is there any truth to what the customer service rep said about voiding the plan?

I would need to swap sim cards once a day.... I travel to this place for work for 10 hours a day then once I get to the hwy I want to put my Verizon card back in..

It won't void your contract, and it will work assuming that you put in the correct apn.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

A6A6

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
It won't void your contract, and it will work assuming that you put in the correct apn.

What is the correct spelling of the APN and how can I change it. Ex: (atnt or AT&T)

I downloaded an app to change apn but I don't think it worked.

Also.. Does it make much sense to change it twice in a day?

And do I change it before the phone is powered off or once it is turned on??
Sorry....this is a but confusing for me.

A6A6

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

Also one more quick question.
I still have a Motorola droid x2
Would that also work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What is the correct spelling of the APN and how can I change it. Ex: (atnt or AT&T)

I downloaded an app to change apn but I don't think it worked.

Also.. Does it make much sense to change it twice in a day?

And do I change it before the phone is powered off or once it is turned on??
Sorry....this is a but confusing for me.

The apn information is here

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...sp%3Fsid%3DKB424489%26cv%3D820&token=eVgmGZ4j

You need to put in the att apn before changing the apn.

Alicia Evans1

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I have the s4 with Verizon and I'm still on a contract. I want to switch to straight talk? Do I have to unlock the phone for it to work or could I just buy a Sim card?

Idahotechdummy

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Unlock Verizon gs4

Hello all. First of all I am not a tech person at all and I am trying to muddle through this as best I can.

I have straight talk.
I was given a Galaxy S4 that was with Verizon

I have changed the Network mode to GSM.
I can make calls send texts and receive calls and texts no problem

HOWEVER I cannot get onto the internet.
I went into added the APN, but it will not let me edit the one that is in there and will not allow me to add another.
I googled what to do and tried to "Root" The phone (whatever that means), but it said the phone couldn't be rooted.
I still can't add a new APN it is like Verizon locked the phone down just to say screw you...
I saw on this forum that I should call *#27663368378# and put in a bunch of other numbers, but it says USSD code running but then says Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

I am really frustrated I feel like this is a rip off. They shouldn't be able to lock phones down. If you purchase the phone you should be able to use it on whatever network you want. End of Rant.

marioamparan

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site

Well, all I did was put in the sim. I then went to settings>connections>more networks>mobile networks and switched the "Network Mode" to "GSM/UMTS". There's a popup after that at which time I picked "Manual" and then it'll search the networks and you'll have your option to choose "AT&T"

Now, there may be a much simplier option and that's just to select "Global" instead of "GSM/UMTS" and the only reason i'm thinking that is because that's what my phone is set on currently. (I know the other info from setting my s3 previously but that's got a few other steps to it also).

AS for the APN settings in order to get internet, just google them... i had my best luck with HSPA+ settings to attain fastest speeds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Just did this yesterday and it worked fine then around 10:00 A.M today it stopped working and service was cut today. Even reset my phone and retried it but now it just won't work

lantern20

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

did you try kingroot? the latest version worked for me. after i got root, i used the kingroot removal and installed supersu for root.

Sophia Tomazi

May 24, 2016
Visit site

I recently bought my friends verizon s4 had it unlocked to cricket and now the verizon logo and apps are still running and the internet is not working properly!!! Do you have any idea what's the problem

I had that same exact problem you have to change the APN on it in you networks settings

Drew Eversley

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Really want to thank you for your information on this post. I was having some issues logging onto AT&T's Network on my new phone and the info you gave saved my a$$. Thanx.