So I go into the Verizon Store today ( a real store, not an authorized seller store) and was going to order the 32gb Galaxy S4. The guy helping me told me that I "might as well just get the 16 gb since it was the same as the 32gb, it's just the 32 gb comes with a 16 gb card to give you 32gb". This made no sense to me...why would you even have a 32gb then? I turned around and walked out without buying anything until I could confirm this . Can someone who actually has this phone (or knows what they are talking about) please enlighten me. I guess I understand gb as the way Apple makes it ... I know I can expand with the Galaxy 4 and wanted to start with the 32gb so I wouldn't have to worry about cramped space on the device later. Thank you in advance for any answers!!
    10-11-2013 05:14 PM
    No it is not

Posted via Android Central App
    storknurse3 likes this.
    10-11-2013 05:20 PM

So I go into the Verizon Store today ( a real store, not an authorized seller store) and was going to order the 32gb Galaxy S4. The guy helping me told me that I "might as well just get the 16 gb since it was the same as the 32gb, it's just the 32 gb comes with a 16 gb card to give you 32gb". This made no sense to me...why would you even have a 32gb then? I turned around and walked out without buying anything until I could confirm this . Can someone who actually has this phone (or knows what they are talking about) please enlighten me. I guess I understand gb as the way Apple makes it ... I know I can expand with the Galaxy 4 and wanted to start with the 32gb so I wouldn't have to worry about cramped space on the device later. Thank you in advance for any answers!!
    My S4 32gb is equipped with 32gb internal memory and a 64gb sd chip
    storknurse3 likes this.
    10-11-2013 05:28 PM
    I will never profess to being a genius when it comes to computers and electronics....but dang, I knew that didn't sound right. Me thinks Verizon better train their help better!

thanks again for your help. Going to go order 32 gb on Monday!
    10-11-2013 07:23 PM
    32GB has 32GB of internal storage and the 16GB comes with 16GB of internal storage. How Verizon hires these morons I'll never know.
    storknurse3 likes this.
    10-11-2013 08:38 PM
    Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails so confused...is the 32gb just a 16gb with 16gb card ?-1381544785809.jpg  
    storknurse3 likes this.
    10-11-2013 10:26 PM

Not if you buy from ATT or Verizon. On Ebay, some sellers are advertising 32gb S4, and then in small print, it states it is a 16gb with a 16gb SD card. If the carrier states it is 32gb, it is a genuine 32gb S4.. A rare bird, I tell you that. Only ATT and Verizion carriers have them. Tmobile, Sprint, etc, and other carriers don't have the 32gb S4.. dam shame too.
    storknurse3 likes this.
    10-14-2013 07:46 AM

I would ask to see the unit that has the 32Gb, and go into Settings>storage. That will tell you the internal memory.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    storknurse3 likes this.
    10-14-2013 09:54 AM
    The guy in the store doesn't know what he's talking about. I don't think you can get a VZW S4 with 32 GB of internal memory. I thought the VZW S4 came with 16GB of internal memory and about half which is available for additional apps. If you get an SD card, the size depends on how must storage space your apps, pictures, music, etc. will use on the card. When the S4 first came out, you couldn't store any apps on the card. Samsung did a system update one feature of which was to allow the storage of apps on the card. For example, I have 120 apps on my S4 with a 32GB SD card. The card has nearly 24 GB of available space.
    10-14-2013 01:42 PM
    You can get a VZW S4 with 32G of internal storage, but last I checked only from VZW, and only online. Now, the last time I checked was in August when I got my S4. The price difference isn't bad ($50 I think) if you are going to pay VZW store prices, but I got the 16G one at BestBuy with price match to Amazon price for significantly less than the corporate store.

As much as I wanted the 32G version, it just wasn't worth that much money to me.

Now when I was going to do it, VZW online was offering $50 instant rebate, but a rep at the store said if he ordered it for me, it would be a $50 gift card; So if you are going to do it, I recommend going to VZW online to order it.

That's my two cents.

Posted from my KFHD via Android Central App
    storknurse3 likes this.
    10-14-2013 05:46 PM
    You can buy the 32GB from VZW online.
    It comes in black or white. It is online order only.
    The rep in the store was full of it and since he doesn't have the 32GB wanted the OP to buy what was in stock.
    It's a $50 difference between the 16 and the 32. Get the 32GB version.
    storknurse3 likes this.
    10-14-2013 08:15 PM
    I just checked VZW. They do not offer the S4 with 32GB.
    10-16-2013 10:55 AM
    You are plainly wrong.
    Go to the VZW website and shop smartphones.
    Select the GS4.
    Now before you look to see if 16GB is changeable to 32GB; change the color to black or white.
    The 32GB is only available "ONLINE" and in "BLACK or WHITE".
    Please check your information before posting.
    10-16-2013 01:57 PM
    You are plainly wrong.
    Go to the VZW website and shop smartphones.
    Select the GS4.
    Now before you look to see if 16GB is changeable to 32GB; change the color to black or white.
    The 32GB is only available "ONLINE" and in "BLACK or WHITE".
    Please check your information before posting.
    Yes Sir that is where I got my VZW Samsung S4 32gb and have a 64gb sd card installed. Anyone who says VZW don't have them does not know what they are talking about. You can even find them on SWAPPA.com from time to time not often though. Note: At the VZW web site you will come up with a red S4 select either Black or White and then you can select either 16gb or 32gb.
    storknurse3 likes this.
    10-16-2013 07:42 PM
    You're wrong. I have a 32 gb S4 from Verizon. Had to be ordered. 32 gb internal memory and a 32 gb SD card installed
    11-03-2013 12:35 PM
    My 32 GB (Internal storage) Verizon S4 arrives tomorrow. They offer it, just not at a retail location. Those sales people would rather tell you, no the 16 gb is fine just buy it here and now...
    11-03-2013 01:31 PM
    My 32 GB (Internal storage) Verizon S4 arrives tomorrow. They offer it, just not at a retail location. Those sales people would rather tell you, no the 16 gb is fine just buy it here and now...
    No one should ever depend on VZW sales people to tell you the truth. They are like USED CAR sales people or even new care sales people. If you walk out the door and they did not sell you something they lost money. The only reason I go into those stores is to look at products before I order them from someone online.
    chshrkt likes this.
    11-05-2013 01:44 PM