New software update via KIES

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I got this update OTA this morning, and noticed that in addition to the changes mentioned here and in the Samaung list (which can be found via Google search), the Google Maps app was updated to V7. So if you are unhappy with the changes made to Maps in V7 and were keeping Maps V6, you will likely no longer be able to do so if you accept this update.

Larry

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if this update borks tethering for those of us still on unlimited data?

Right now I can use my tethering app - and when the Nag Screen to subscribe pops up I can just hit my home button and I'm tethering. Before I take the upgrade I'd like to confirm this method still works.

Thanks to anyone that can clarify if the new update breaks this or not.

hubie99

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if this update borks tethering for those of us still on unlimited data?

Right now I can use my tethering app - and when the Nag Screen to subscribe pops up I can just hit my home button and I'm tethering. Before I take the upgrade I'd like to confirm this method still works.

Thanks to anyone that can clarify if the new update breaks this or not.

No worries - I still get the "nag screen" with FoxFi but my tablet tethers just as it did prior to upgrading.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey All... may you be enjoying the Update.
I downloaded the app to create a shortcut for Blocking Mode, (thanks for this, as i was about to download a 3rd party app, and didn't want/need all the B & W it had), and it works fine keeping the shortcut available to 'toggle' it on/off as we have no Toggle.
My query is this: when creating the contact 'white list' who rings through while Blocking Mode enabled, it FC's after the check marked names are slected to Add...!!
WTH... Anyone else having this problem or is this a glitch since this mode was shortcutted... or is it me? Using 'Favorites' selection for the time being as a workaround.
Any thoughts would be appreciated....

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey All... may you be enjoying the Update.
I downloaded the app to create a shortcut for Blocking Mode, (thanks for this, as i was about to download a 3rd party app, and didn't want/need all the B & W it had), and it works fine keeping the shortcut available to 'toggle' it on/off as we have no Toggle.
My query is this: when creating the contact 'white list' who rings through while Blocking Mode enabled, it FC's after the check marked names are slected to Add...!!
WTH... Anyone else having this problem or is this a glitch since this mode was shortcutted... or is it me? Using 'Favorites' selection for the time being as a workaround.
Any thoughts would be appreciated....

I noticed the same thing too with the force close. Not sure why it does it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, forgive me for not knowing, but I have to ask... What app do you need to download to create a shortcut for "Blocking Mode"?

J

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Lost the ability to use GSM (T-Mobile) Sim???

I took the OTA update to MI1 rom on my VZW S4 yesterday. Now my S4 complains "NON-Verizon SIM" "The SIM card is from an unknown source" which stays in the notification shade while my T-Mobile SIM is in the phone, and it will not give me data. There is no way to clear the message from the notification shade, and an icon stays up in the status bar. It does say T-Mobile on the lock screen. And it doesn't matter if I have network mode set as Global, or GSM/UMTS.

With the former ME7 OTA update and MDK rom the S4 shipped with, I did get a T-Mobile Edge connection and no complaints from the device.

Putting the T-Mobile SIM in my Moto X (firmware that shipped on it), I do get an unknown sim prompt, but it can be cleared and I get an Edge connection.

Its only an issue because I have both VZW and T-Mo lines for work, and I often rotate devices. So if my S4 is now unable to use the T-Mobile SIM, it kind of limits me for work.

EDIT: After manually entering the APN settings, it works again, execpt MMS doesn't work.

Last edited:

Cenzo

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
They forced the update to Google Hangouts for those of us who were purposely still using Talk. Stuck with Hangouts now. No way to see if your contacts are offline, online, available, etc.

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
One minor thing I've see that's different: if you are using the stock messenger with the popup notification over the lock screen (the little preview box), the background seems to have its opacity increased to 100%. Or maybe the color is more white. I'm not entirely sure, but something about it is different.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about others, but since the update, my battery life has been much better. At least another 2-3 hours longer.

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I just played with the optical reader app...any other use than to point at words and get definitions? This seems pretty useless to me.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So I just played with the optical reader app...any other use than to point at words and get definitions? This seems pretty useless to me.

If you have a business card or something similar it will add the info as a contact. That's probably it

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae