I suckered for the latest update to my GS4 and now totally regret it. I will never jump on another upgrade again. Of course Verizon and Android Central made no mention of one "update" that was included. They are now blocking FoxFi which I don't use a lot but comes in handy if you need to tether. Now a Verizon popup shows up telling you to go and PAY for this privilege.

Does anyone know how to revert my phone or back-out this latest update? Am I going to have to root my phone to get this capability back. Sorry but I already pay over $200 a month for our families plan and do not want to pay any more money to the Verizon blood suckers. Please Help.
    10-21-2013 08:46 AM
    I suckered for the latest update to my GS4 and now totally regret it. I will never jump on another upgrade again. Of course Verizon and Android Central made no mention of one "update" that was included. They are now blocking FoxFi which I don't use a lot but comes in handy if you need to tether. Now a Verizon popup shows up telling you to go and PAY for this privilege.

Does anyone know how to revert my phone or back-out this latest update? Am I going to have to root my phone to get this capability back. Sorry but I already pay over $200 a month for our families plan and do not want to pay any more money to the Verizon blood suckers. Please Help.
    Not sure that even root can help. There's root, safestrap to enable roms but AFAIK wifi doesn't work with it. Welcome to the "Dammit, someday I'm going to leave that woman" club.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4
    10-21-2013 09:05 AM
    just hit your Home button - should still tether fine. Works on my updated S4 - but I use "Fast Wifi Tether Free" and this worked before the update - as well as after.

Also - there was a post about this update - where I posted the tethering question before taking the update myself.

Here's the link: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...-via-kies.html
    10-21-2013 12:18 PM
    Root and run the "Notification Toggle".
    It can be used to toggle tethering on/off.
    Works for me.
    10-21-2013 12:48 PM