Verizon Galaxy S4 - 4.3? Please Help

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So I could have sworn that I read that we were getting 4.3. I got an update and ran it, assuming it was 4.3.
I bought a Samsung gear smartwatch yesterday online and waiting for it to come in. I just looked at my phone and it says its 4.2.2.
Are we not getting 4.3?

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
So I could have sworn that I read that we were getting 4.3. I got an update and ran it, assuming it was 4.3.
I bought a Samsung gear smartwatch yesterday online and waiting for it to come in. I just looked at my phone and it says its 4.2.2.
Are we not getting 4.3?
It will show up sometime - most people are guessing November or December 2013. Samsung has just started updating international devices to 4.3 this month (October), and U.S. carriers typically take longer to customize/test updates like this.

spudland

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Not true...I got the update last night and it said it was 4.3, however my device is rooted and it errored out during the install...

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Not true...I got the update last night and it said it was 4.3, however my device is rooted and it errored out during the install...

Not not true...

The latest update which came out last week is VRUDMI1, and it's still 4.2.2.
Samsung Details Update VRUDMI1 For The Verizon Galaxy S4, Includes Optical Reader App And Minor Fixes

The 4.3 update should be coming soon, but it isn't here yet....

EDIT: Here's the "official" info page from Verizon: http://support.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/galaxys4.pdf

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Are we not getting 4.3?

Maybe Leak: Samsung's American Android 4.3 And Galaxy Gear Update Release Schedule For The Galaxy S4, S4 Active, S III, And Note II I doubt VZW releases then though. Don't hold your breath for it.

kj8924

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
as far as i can tell its just been removed from the setup wizard. you can still adjust location settings on or off as normal in menu/settings to the way you want. like 3rd party apps to see location, network location, vzw location, gps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781