01-17-2014 08:08 PM
32 12
tools
    I'm right there with you. All of the "experts" said you have to do a factory reset. Bunch of BS. I finally gave in and reset my phone back to factory settings. Looked like i would have to eat my words, but then the past 2 days my battery hasn't been worth anything. Sames issues as before. Now the Android OS is eating about 50% of the battery. My battery life is no just as bad if not worse than before the factory reset. I guess we need to look somewhere else for answers. I haven't really found one good answer, just a lot of opinions.
    11-21-2013 01:29 PM
    It's getting worse.
    Now I full charge my phone and it goes to 1% and shuts down in a few hours just sitting idle.
    Talked to Verizon. They are sending me a replacement. They didn't even do any trouble shooting. It's been shipped.

When I talked to Verizon, I understood they were sending me a new phone. Anyone know if this will be a refurbished phone? I didn't pay for a refurbished, but it sound like they are sending out refurbished.

When I get the replacement, will it have 4.3 already on it? If not should I update it right away, or just leave it at 4.2?
    11-21-2013 06:21 PM
    It's getting worse.
    Now I full charge my phone and it goes to 1% and shuts down in a few hours just sitting idle.
    Talked to Verizon. They are sending me a replacement. They didn't even do any trouble shooting. It's been shipped.

When I talked to Verizon, I understood they were sending me a new phone. Anyone know if this will be a refurbished phone? I didn't pay for a refurbished, but it sound like they are sending out refurbished.

When I get the replacement, will it have 4.3 already on it? If not should I update it right away, or just leave it at 4.2?
    So, it's BS and it will be a refurb... but. Update it right away and keep all apps updated mines been great since. Def seeing that boost in battery we were supposed to. It took about a day or so to cycle out and get GREAT battery. 1 year manufacturers warranty so you shouldn't have to pay a dime either. I should emphasize this was after my phone bricked from the update....it's only SOME phones.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-22-2013 12:34 AM
    Well, I took the plunge and did a factory reset. I won't be doing that again....such a big PITA! Got to be a better way! I just hope it makes battery life better... Or, a switch to isheep will be the next choice.

11-22-2013 09:38 AM
    Well, I took the plunge and did a factory reset. I won't be doing that again....such a big PITA! Got to be a better way! I just hope it makes battery life better... Or, a switch to isheep will be the next choice.

I would not go as far as to switch, I have the IP5s for my work phone, its good, but I consider it a ,marginal phone compared to my GS4. We are also on sprint, so the IP5 kills its self on poor signal reception. I can do more with my GS4 then then the IP5, but that is just for my needs, others will very.
    11-22-2013 11:31 AM
    I also have this problem, a pocket warming Verizon Galaxy S4 who's battery dies way too fast. "Android OS" is using the most power and it wasn't like this before the last update. The pocket warming is a good clue that something isn't right.

I have tried a factory reset, any other ideas?
    01-17-2014 07:56 PM
    Have you removed the battery? That's what worked for me. I read somewhere to leave it out for several minutes so I left it out for 10 mins. Tried that before factory reset and it worked, saving me the major PITA of the reset. Good luck.
    URGE likes this.
    01-17-2014 08:08 PM
32 12