New to Andriod - Need help with music please!

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Just switched over to the Galaxy S4 from my iPhone 4 this week and I'm loving it so far. Having a couple of small issues with music though, and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I'm uploading music onto a 64gb sim card by dragging and dropping the content from my itunes folder. All the files are in MP3 format, however the device is unable to play certain songs.

For example: I uploaded The Bedlam in Goliath by The Mars Volta and tracks 7 & 9 do not show up under the artist name. I have to search by song title to find it in my music player and it's sorted under "Unknown Artist". When I click the track to play it, it says "failed to play".

It's done this with a number of songs and I'm not entirely sure why this is happening. I've downloaded other music players through google play and the same thing happens with third party apps.

I like to have everything organized nice and neat as well, so I'd like to find a way to organize the "Unknown Artist" tracks with their appropriate artists. The names of the files all correspond, so I don't see any reason why this is happening.

Someone please help an android newbie!!!

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
if you have music purchased from iTunes it is protected so you have to use a converter for those files. if u just drag and drop them they won't play on the gs4

Posted via Android Central App

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
The majority of my music files were ripped from CDs or downloaded from other sites. I never purchased from iTunes. I believe apple takes far too much of a commission from the artists, so I always stayed away from purchasing music on that platform.

Regardless, it still wouldn't explain why only certain songs are not being displayed properly.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same issue. I don't think it's the phone as such but instead is caused by tag issues with the music files.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if that's it. I think it's a problem with the phone itself.

I uploaded an album 5 minutes ago and it played fine, every song. Now I go back and try to play the album and it says the file type is not supported. I don't understand what's wrong with this thing, it works right after it's uploaded, but only for a few minutes.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if that's it. I think it's a problem with the phone itself.

I uploaded an album 5 minutes ago and it played fine, every song. Now I go back and try to play the album and it says the file type is not supported. I don't understand what's wrong with this thing, it works right after it's uploaded, but only for a few minutes.

I have not had that issue. I have had the same issue with music not showing up correctly in iTunes on my PC, which is why I say I don't think it's the phone. Your problem of music not playing is different, and I'm not sure what's going on with that.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using AC Forums mobile app

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
So my friend helped me properly diagnose the issue: cheap SD card. Music added to the hard drive on the phone does not have this issue, but the same files on the SD card cause a problem. Just wanted to thank you for the effort and give you the solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance